• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Unknown repository

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi all,

A few custom models on the community use custom repositories, such as this one
How can I use them? When I enter the recommended path in my import manager, I get an error message and the model is invisible :hohum:

Thanks for your help!

Level 29
There are two possible reasons:
1.The file you are trying to use is corrupted. You should re-download the fresh one.
2.Some files can only be imported using MPQ Editor instead of the "Import Manager".

I've also noticed that in this post, you can't longer use Custom Path options in latest WE. This means all of your imported files will get broken.

Level 3
Hey, thanks for your response!

I meant the skin for the rat ogre uses this path: Units/Rattemenschen/RatOgre/RatOgre.blp, which is not recognized by WE. Indeed, when I try to save my map after applying the new skin path, I get this message "Unable to create repository [mycampaign/the specified skin path], access path not found''. (I translated the message loosely because I have an old French editor :xxd:) And then, the next time I open WE, the unit is still invisible, WE tells me it can't find the model, and the skin's size is 0 bytes in the import manager :hohum: I have tried multiple times, and with other models with similar problems, and I keep getting stuck, so I don't think your first solution applies. Regarding the second one, I don't see what it would change, but I can try it soon!

Thanks again for your help!

1637443947538.png

Level 29
Hey, thanks for your response!

I meant the skin for the rat ogre uses this path: Units/Rattemenschen/RatOgre/RatOgre.blp, which is not recognized by WE. Indeed, when I try to save my map after applying the new skin path, I get this message "Unable to create repository [mycampaign/the specified skin path], access path not found''. (I translated the message loosely because I have an old French editor :xxd:) And then, the next time I open WE, the unit is still invisible, WE tells me it can't find the model, and the skin's size is 0 bytes in the import manager :hohum: I have tried multiple times, and with other models with similar problems, and I keep getting stuck, so I don't think your first solution applies. Regarding the second one, I don't see what it would change, but I can try it soon!

Thanks again for your help!

View attachment 390488
You are correct. The file you are trying to download (the 0KB ones) was corrupted. You'll have to re-download the fresh ones.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
0 sized files is usually the result of the map not saving properly. The imports are written to a temporary directory before being added to the map archive. If I/O fails with that folder then the import will be left 0 sized.

If the BLP is not 0 sized but is old then chances are it is malformed. The solution is to repack it as a BLP using a more up-to-date tool that creates better formed BLP files. Some of the Reforged patches changed how BLP files are processed, causing some of the particularly malformed ones to fail to load correctly. The blame with this lies with the third party BLP tool creators who never bothered to check the BLP specification they were following was correct, which is was not at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.