• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

UnitsOrcThrallThrall.blp

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: deepstrasz
Here is my new skin. Made myself hope u won;t delete it for CnP because isn't.
I've worked 1 hour on it.

Original model : http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/thrall-48687/?prev=search%3Dthrall%26d%3Dlist%26r%3D20

Enjoy

Keywords:
Thrall,skin,orc,farseer
Contents

UnitsOrcThrallThrall.blp (Texture)

Reviews
20:13, 8th Jul 2012 M0rbid: The users told you and they are right. Only quality skins with quite a good amount of work put into it are approved around here.

M

20:13, 8th Jul 2012
M0rbid: The users told you and they are right. Only quality skins with quite a good amount of work put into it are approved around here.

Level 25
overblade said:
Here is my new skin. Made myself hope u won’t delete it for CnP because isn't.
I've worked 1 hour on it.
blue eyes added,contrast changed,gloves are black,hammer is reskined,hair is reskined,skin color also. It look's more wow-like than the original.
First of all, and this is not to push you around, but an hour isn't a lot of time for a texture, trust me.

More to the point, yes, I can trust you with the fact that you've redrawn a lot here, but the point is that it’s just that - redrawn. It serves little purpose as the changes are so small that you don't notice them. The difference I can see is that the gold trimming has more saturation, the skin is slightly more blue in tone and the hammer has a more primal (coarse, rough) look to it, not polished as the standard one.

But all in all, it's too little to actually see the change and on top of that, redrawing isn't even changing stuff. It's one thing when you re-polish an old skin, improve it (like 67chrome has done here - Night Elf Archer). There you can see a clear difference from the original texture, even if it's basically the same concept; 67chrome even made a massive improvement over the original texture.

But sadly we can't say that about your texture, I'm sorry, but it isn't an improvement of the original... Hope you understand what I'm aiming at and if you really do and have the drive; jump back on the texture and try to actually improve it. Redesign the armor and etc, be creative.