• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

unitsNightElfHeroMoonPriestessPriestessOfTheMoon.b

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
If this cool skin isn't approved , then...

Prietess of the Moon reskined

Took 2 hours

Enjoy!

P.S. Fixed tiger claw
Contents

unitsNightElfHeroMoonPriestessPriestessOfTheMoon.b (Texture)

Reviews
22:55, 9th Jul 2012 M0rbid: Like the others.
Level 25
Dude... Come on, you told me that you didn't use CnP's... The face is obviously taken from this classic... But as it only covers a very small part of the texture, I guess we can look past that for now...

I'll show you the same thing again, to the left is the original - yours to the right.
(The greenmarked areas are re-used or recolored)

141575-albums3291-picture59340.png

You make the exact same mistake here as on the Dread Lord, mate. You recolor a bunch of stuff. Yet again, I trust you with the armor and that you've actually made it, but that's about it. The rest is re-used or recolored. The bow is the same, same goes for the tigers armor (you just removed the team color). I mean, you even kept the old "half-moon" shapes on the tigers’ saddleback; you have to be more creative! And the fact that you suddenly started using CnP's scares me a bit...

Anyway, referring you back to my old post again, I don't have time to repeat everything again... Re-read it please, and take notes... And by the way, do you know what I mean when I say “recolored” and “re-used”..?

Edit
Come to think of it, I think CnPs are allowed these days, if the texture is good enough.

Level 4
it's not CnP dude,i just corp the original texture then apply into it my texture to be more exactly . If i sketch over the original texture it will looks very bad i corped every piece of armor then put into them my sketch just to BE SAME SHAPE.And the green marked,what to do on tiger lolz? Should I sketch the tiger lines again or what ? /:)
What about NE skin i wanted to be a night elf color i've just change the contrast. You marked green just the tigger, what do you want from me to do on it? Re-sketch the tiger lines? for what, just wasting time , it look's realistic anyway.Bow was maked another color but dunno what happend,maybe i delete this part accidentaly.
Ok maybe you can make me a suggestion about tiger skin.And again it's not CnP i have thos sketched part's on a separate page. I've just introduce them into the original shape.

P.S. the tigger is like 3/4 from all skin. you just colored green and tell me that isn't reskined enough.Okay then what to do on it ?
P.S.2 Left side,there are some piece of tiger armor.Those was transparent,and i maked like other's pieces that blue and add effects on photshop. Why it's green marked.Team color ( transparent sides ) was replaced with my blue skin then modify'ed for dark edges, shadows etc.

Level 25
it's not CnP dude,i just corp the original texture then apply into it my texture to be more exactly . If i sketch over the original texture it will looks very bad i corped every piece of armor then put into them my sketch just to BE SAME SHAPE.And the green marked,what to do on tiger lolz? Should I sketch the tiger lines again or what ? /:)
---
Ok maybe you can make me a suggestion about tiger skin.And again it's not CnP i have thos sketched part's on a separate page. I've just introduce them into the original shape.
I don't understand what you're aiming at with "sketching down". Of course you don't have to remake the shape of the tiger, in fact you can't. All you have to do is basically apply color above it..? o_O
Have you read any of the tutorials on texturing ..? Do you know how a "wrap" functions and etc..? If you haven't, it's a good thing to do, makes things so much easier.

I can agree with one thing tough, that you want to keep the same stripes and etc. on the tiger. But you can do so much with it! Just adding a new armor can make a huge difference, but you basically kept the same shape, same wrinkles and etc. (on the tigers "cloth armor", that is). Try to think outside the standard borders; as I've said so many times now, be creative. Makes something NEW out of it.

Of course, you don’t have to remake the WHOLE tiger, if you want to keep the standard color, stripes and etc. that is up to you, but then you really need to put some heavy quality in to the armor and etc.

What about NE skin i wanted to be a night elf color i've just change the contrast. You marked green just the tigger, what do you want from me to do on it? Bow was maked another color but dunno what happend,maybe i delete this part accidentaly.

P.S. the tigger is like 3/4 from all skin. you just colored green and tell me that isn't reskined enough.Okay then what to do on it
I thought the lower part of the Night Elf were either a dress or a pair of pants. They have wrinkles and etc. which doesn't look like "legs" or "skin" at all in my opinion, but that might be a mistake from my side. But I doubt that it's supposed to be "skin" on the original texture.

P.S.2 Left side,there are some piece of tiger armor.Those was transparent,and i maked like other's pieces that blue and add effects on photshop. Why it's green marked.Team color ( transparent sides ) was replaced with my blue skin then modify'ed for dark edges, shadows etc.
And that's the problem, you just removed the team color (the transparent part in the Alpha channel), you could've made something totally new with it, like new tribal-like shapes, played around with how the team color appears and etc.

I'm going to scribble down some ideas, it will take me some time (hell, I don't even consider myself an artist). But remember, what I will present is just some random ideas that comes to mind as I'm drawing (I won’t spend a long time on it either, so don't expect any quality. Shit, they might not even work that great on the model, but just trying to be "creative").

With other words, I will just brainstorm up some ideas and scribble them down on the texture. Give me a while...

Edit
Here, a couple of minutes work, just added some sort of armor to the tiger. Yes, isn't much, but it makes a diffrence, puts YOUR personality into it. Now... I don't got time for this any more, sorry.
unitsNightElfHeroMoonPriestessPriestessOfTheMoon.png

Last edited: