• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

units under bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
hey guys, how do I make a bridge capable of allowing units to walk under them? I made an easy teleportation zone so it looks like it but I have seen other make bridges like I would like mine to be. any idea?

Level 5
the problem is. it looks like it's hollow under but it's one large doodad so it blocks the path... I was useing triggers, I saw a Gondor map once where they had units moving freely under one. I was thinking maybe, turning it into a flying doodad.... is that possible?

Level 13
Hm, a good challenge for us experienced guys 8) .
Till now I have no solution that's looking good.
@ khif: Nice idea with the flying doodad, but I think that isn't possible (didn't found anything concerning to the height of the bridge)

Edit: LOL if I ever get it working I'll post an "Outtakes"-map. My current ideas are looking really strange (expect a map with many bridges in all possible (and impossible :wink: ) positions)

Level 5
hah yeah, I'd love to figure this out, it could bring a whole new aspect to my map design. maybe with a model edit, but surely thier is an easier way, if I recall the bridge I saw units moving under was above a gate, the only thing was it was kind of glitchy when you moved units across it. but worked nonetheless. like they would sink down into the bridge into they were on the middle part of it. then be ontop of it. so I am wondering what would make it do that?

Level 13
When I used to hang around the forums at warcraftiii.net, they also had a discussion about this. I think the best idea they had was to make a waygate without a model on both sides of the bridge. Of course, here we're all geniuses compared to them :wink: .

Level 5
oh ofcurse why didn't I think of asking blizzard personally *smakc head* After all I mean we are on such close speaking terms haha. I WISH we could get them or some1 ro model a version of it you can go under.

Level 7
ok, i have a solution for this, but u have to use we unlimited. enable advanced triggers for your map, create 2 rects, one on each side of the bridge and do this:
Code:
event - map initializing
action: advanced - initialize advanced triggers
advanced - make the brigde walkable that lies between "first rect" and "second rect"

Status
Not open for further replies.