• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Units not moving for TD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I have this map from a long time ago, and I recently started working on it again.

In it units are spawned at one spot and ordered down to another. After about 3 or 4 spawns (of groups of 3, though I have tried 1, 4, 10, 15 and they all have same problem)some of them stop moving, a few after that go too. Alltogether 3 to around 7 units out of 30 to 50 do not move.

I never had a problem with this before, and I haven't changed anything related to the moving before this had happened. I tried changing the trigger that I thought was the cause (the one I changed when this happened) but I still get the problem.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Code:
Spawn
    Events
        Time - SpawnTimer expires
    Conditions
    Actions
        Game - Display to PlayeInGame the text: levelinfo[CreepLevel]
        Countdown Timer - Destroy Timer_Window
        For each (Integer A) from 1 to 30, do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Wait 0.50 seconds
                Player Group - Pick every player in PlayeInGame and do (Actions)
                    Loop - Actions
                        Unit - Create 1 Creep_Array[CreepLevel] for Player 12 (Brown) at ((Picked player) start location) facing Default building facing degrees

Code:
Red Creep Move
    Events
        Unit - A unit enters Start 1 <gen>
    Conditions
        (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 12 (Brown)
    Actions
        Set L[1] = (Random point in Enpoint Red <gen>)
        Custom script:   set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
        Unit Group - Order (Units in Start 1 <gen>) to Move To L[1]
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_L[1])

Code:
Spawn Setup
    Events
        Player - Player 12 (Brown)'s Food used becomes Less than 1.00
        Time - Elapsed game time is 10.00 seconds
    Conditions
    Actions
        Countdown Timer - Destroy (Last created timer window)
        -------- Variable Set --------
        Set CreepLevel = (CreepLevel + 1)
        Set Gold_Income = (Gold_Income + (CreepLevel x 5))
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                CreepLevel Equal to 11
            Then - Actions
                Game - Display to PlayeInGame the text: You have won! Congr...
                Wait 5.00 seconds
                Player Group - Pick every player in PlayeInGame and do (Game - Victory (Picked player) (Show dialogs, Show scores))
            Else - Actions
                Player Group - Pick every player in PlayeInGame and do (Player - Add (Gold_Income + 0) to (Picked player) Current gold)
                Countdown Timer - Create a timer window for SpawnTimer with title Next wave in:
                Countdown Timer - Show Timer_Window
                Countdown Timer - Start SpawnTimer as a One-shot timer that will expire in 30.00 seconds
                Set Timer_Window = (Last created timer window)

I am not worried about leaks right now. Yes I know about it.

And I was told that the Unit Group - Issue Command only can move 12, but around 20 units go before I have the problem. So any help?

Level 8
Try one or any combination of the following:
  • Set the collision size of the units to 1 (you should do this regardless).
  • Increasing the wait time between the unit spawns.
  • Use a periodic event to create the units instead of using the wait command; you can control the periodic event by enabling it and then disabling it after a certain number of seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.