• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Units in water

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
In the world editor, when i place "deep water", the world editor allows me to place units in the water (normal units like peons and grunts). I know that units are suppose to walk on shallow water...but I'm pretty sure there not suppose to walk on deep water...someone help. How do i make it so units cannot be placed in deep water?

Level 10
I dont think this is really in the wrong forum...it is a terrain question...but idk

I dont know whatyou mean by check if pathing is clear or not...all i know is that it lets me place land units like peons in deep water, and when i test the game, i can actually move the unit around while hes under water...kinda werid.

Edit: NVM...i found out that the MiscData.txt file that i downloaded to allow steeper cliffs was OUTDATED, and that you need to extract the new MiscData.txt from the war3patch.mpq and then open it in notepad and change MaxSlope (under terrain catagory) to 90.

This fixed the problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
In the world editor, when i place "deep water", the world editor allows me to place units in the water (normal units like peons and grunts). I know that units are suppose to walk on shallow water...but I'm pretty sure there not suppose to walk on deep water...someone help. How do i make it so units cannot be placed in deep water?

Why does it hurt so much?In game nothing will happen..

Level 10
I dont know whatyou mean by check if pathing is clear or not...all i know is that it lets me place land units like peons in deep water, and when i test the game, i can actually move the unit around while hes under water...kinda werid.

i allready said that even in game, i can move then unit while hes underwater...which is a problem, because hes not a naval unit!

Level 34
Please use the edit button instead of double posting (read the rules of any site before posting). I did it for you this time; next time is -rep

Status
Not open for further replies.