• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Units drop items on death.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hmm. I meant if i give a unit a "unit" inventory, is there a way to make it not drop its items when it dies. Hero's wont, but units will i have found. I found a way to make it work with a trigger though. Im dumb for not having thought of it before.

Since the unit has to completely decay, OR simply finish its death animation before it drops its items. Only way I found was to remove unit from game upon death. This works because the animation counts it as still in the game, but already having died.

thanks guys.

Level 11
Lol he didn't, I misunderstood him, and wrote something stupid. When he corrected me, I deleted my post. Sorry for the confusion

Level 10
Well, if units don't drop the items, this will mean the items will be lost. If you want so you can make a trigger that when a unit dies and if it is of the type you want to destroy all the items that are dropped. Make a region center it on the unit when it dies run a trigger destroying all the items in the region and then disable itself and I think this will work. If you want to store the items, then move them to a blank area unreachable by players when the unit dies.

Level 19
first item needs to be able to droped on death
second unit needs to be droping items on death

Level 5
Hmm. I meant if i give a unit a "unit" inventory, is there a way to make it not drop its items when it dies. Hero's wont, but units will i have found. I found a way to make it work with a trigger though. Im dumb for not having thought of it before.

Since the unit has to completely decay, OR simply finish its death animation before it drops its items. Only way I found was to remove unit from game upon death. This works because the animation counts it as still in the game, but already having died.

thanks guys.

Events:
A unit dies

Condition:
Unit-type of dying unit equals to footman

Action:
Remove last dropped item

If you want is to pawn the item when the unit dies this is it, but if you don't want; you can always save the item to a variable, use this trigger and use another trigger to create the item stored in the variable again.

Status
Not open for further replies.