• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Units cant multi cast or (Shift click) ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
I have this trigger basically i wanted to spawn 3-4 units that have a reveal ability to spy on player base areas, i did it a better way than this to begin with but found out even with 0 cast time and 0 cd time units cant cast in a row or (shift+click) a row of orders lined up via trigger becuz its too fast..
So i did it this way hoping it would work better, and it did a little better but still isnt doing all 12 or the 9 enemies anyway..

• Spy Using Alter Copy
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to spy
      • ((Owner of (Triggering unit)) controller) Equal to Computer
    • Actions
      • Set Temp_UnitGroup = (Units owned by (Owner of (Triggering unit)) matching ((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to spy unit))
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Number of units in Temp_UnitGroup) Less than 4
        • Then - Actions
          • Set Temp_Point = (Position of (Triggering unit))
          • Unit - Create 4 spy unit for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at Temp_Point facing Default building facing degrees
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation ( udg_Temp_Point)
        • Else - Actions
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_Temp_UnitGroup)
      • Set Temp_UnitGroup2 = (Units owned by (Owner of (Triggering unit)) matching ((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to spy unit))
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 12, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Random 1 units from Temp_UnitGroup2) and do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • ((Triggering unit) belongs to an enemy of (Player((Integer A)))) Equal to True
                • Then - Actions
                    • If - Conditions
                      • (Mana of (Picked unit)) Greater than or equal to 50.00
                    • Then - Actions
                      • Set Temp_Point2 = ((Player((Integer A))) start location)
                      • Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Orc Far Seer - Far Sight Temp_Point2
                      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation ( udg_Temp_Point2)
                    • Else - Actions
                      • Unit - Set mana of (Picked unit) to 100.00%
                      • Set Temp_Point2 = ((Player((Integer A))) start location)
                      • Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Orc Far Seer - Far Sight Temp_Point2
                      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation ( udg_Temp_Point2)
                • Else - Actions
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_Temp_UnitGroup2)
let me know if theres a way to make this work better or have units be able to shift click casting in order instead of overriding the previous cast order and missing half the player locations..

Level 13
eh nvm i did it a different/better way and just made it look like it was using those units and faked it with temp dummy units that are removed after..

But i am still interested to know if you can give orders to units like the shift-click feature where it does a number of orders in a row.. if anyone knows anything about that let me know :)

Level 20
If it means casting skills, it can be done instantly, and the unit will cast at the same order than the actions are... But I guess you don't mean that.

So far, no. I don't think there's a way to order a unit to save a action list. Maybe creating some kind of intuitive system, but I'm not sure if it's possible.

Level 8
The same dummy unit can cast the same skill again right away, if
you add skill
cast skill
remove skill
add skill
cast skill

Level 20
I think he means "Order Unit to Cast, then go somewhere, then kill one unit, then go somewhere else, etc." Maybe using 'Wait for conditión" and then giving the next order.

Level 13
The same dummy unit can cast the same skill again right away, if
you add skill
cast skill
remove skill
add skill
cast skill

yea thanks this answers my main topic.
but would be cool if there was a way to give a unit an order set. like if you dont know what shift-clicking is go in wc and hold shift and click a unit to move around a few places or cast a spell with no cd in a few places and watch what happens. lol either way i have a solution to my prob but still would be nice to know if anyone knows how you could give a unit an order set like (shift-clicking)

Level 7
But i am still interested to know if you can give orders to units like the shift-click feature where it does a number of orders in a row.. if anyone knows anything about that let me know :)

http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=104175

If you did something like make all the spells instant with no casting time and then triggered casting you could chain orders very efficiently as long as you store the order id's in a some form of variables then trigger the casting spells.

But that doesn't really work for CHF really since it mostly relies on normal abilities. Maybe a more realisitc approach for a shift order would be to use a spellbook and have spells inside that spellbook with same hotkeys and target types but purely instant and record those orders then cast the real spells in that order. (although this could get pretty tricky as well)

You could also make players choose targets at least by forcing keys with timers until they select another unit or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.