• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Units becoming buildings (not on purpose) bug

Level 4
Hello, im making a map and sometimes a bug occurs and some units become buildings (they can train unit and set rally points) but this is not intended. Maybe it has to do with a unit ability that can "upgrade" (transform one unit into another) I have like 5 of this abilities.

Has anyone encountered the same problem? and know how to fix it? Im currently just erasing the unit and making it again but is annoying and it could get worse.

Level 20
You're using upgrades as in a scout tower upgrades into a guard tower? I suppose that was not intended for non-buildings, it's very likely it's the cause of your problem

Couldn't you handle your transformation differently (e.g. with dummy ability)?

Level 4
You're using upgrades as in a scout tower upgrades into a guard tower? I suppose that was not intended for non-buildings, it's very likely it's the cause of your problem

Couldn't you handle your transformation differently (e.g. with dummy ability)?
No im using transformations like sphinx and druid of the talon and bear form.

The fun thing is not even the unit that upgrades the one afected

1713052781170.png
1713052835933.png

Attachments

• Warcraft III 2024-04-13 20-03-32.mp4
    58.4 MB
Level 20
I think its something else other than the transform abilities. Im interested to see why that happens. Care to post the map here or in pm so that I can look at it?

Level 20
The Verdantport Rifleman has object editor data for trained units that is only accessible on buildings. Toggle the units Stats - Is a Building to True, delete units in the Techtree - Units Trained field and toggle Stats - Is a Building back to False. Thanks for sharing.

Level 4
The Verdantport Rifleman has object editor data for trained units that is only accessible on buildings. Toggle the units Stats - Is a Building to True, delete units in the Techtree - Units Trained field and toggle Stats - Is a Building back to False. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks! Well that solved it, I guess that if you want a unit that can build stuff make it a building and then non building :ogre_hurrhurr:

Last edited: