• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] unit withing range trigger problem, please help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
im trying to make a trigger that will basically say that when a unit come withing 800 range of any deer on the map, order the deer to move to a random area of the map.

im doing this because i made a map about hunting, and i want it so that when the hunter comes close to the deer, the deer runs away, UNLESS the hunter is invisible (windwalk) can someone please help, thanks.

Level 21
  • Events
    • Unit - a unit comes within 800 of Deer 001
  • Conditions
    • And - all conditions are true
      • Conditions
        • Unit-type of Triggering unit is equal to "Hunter"
        • Boolean - triggering unit has "Windwalk" buff equal to false
  • Actions
    • Unit - order Deer 001 to move to random point in playable map area
it leaks a point.

Level 10
not what i need

you see that will only work for a single deer (deer 001) not ALL the deer in the map, i dont wanna make a trigger for every deer in the map, there will be lots of them, i want a trigger that will tell ANY deer to run away from hunters if dected.

Level 27
Do what Eleandor did, except make no events in the trigger. Instead, add events using Trigger - Add Event. Make it look like this:
  • Events
    • Unit enters playable map area
  • Conditions
    • Unit - Unit Type of Triggering Unit equal to Hunter
  • Actions
    • Trigger - Add (Unit - A Unit Comes within 800 Range of Triggering Unit) to Trigger 2
Trigger 2
  • Events
  • Conditions
    • Unit - Unit type of triggering unit is equal to Deer
  • Actions
    • Unit - order triggering unit to move to random point in playable map area
Of course, there is no way to detect whether or not a hunter has windwalk or not that I know of, see if anyone else can help.
--donut3.5--

Status
Not open for further replies.