1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Unit Squad

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by Vincent_Freeman, May 27, 2014.

1. Vincent_Freeman

Vincent_Freeman

Resources:
    Resources:
    Is there any possiblity to reduce the distance between units picked in one group? For example, in StarCraft they march shoulder to shoulder, as close one to another as possible. But in WarCraft they spread on large area, which just doesn't fit my tiny map.
    I've tried to search for variable like "distance between units in unit group" in "game constants" but haven't found anything yet.

2. Veritas 117

Veritas 117

Resources:
    Resources:
    You could try 'follow range' or something like that, but I'm not sure that is what you are looking for either.

3. aple

aple

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    There's a couple things you could do.

A. Reduce their collision size, Or
    B. Make a trigger like this:

• Move Order
      • Events
        • Unit - A unit Is issued an order targeting a point
      • Conditions
      • Actions
        • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
        • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
          • If - Conditions
            • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
              • Conditions
                • (Issued order) Equal to (Order(smart))
                • (Issued order) Equal to (Order(move))
          • Then - Actions
            • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Move To (Target point of issued order)
          • Else - Actions
            • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
              • If - Conditions
                • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
                  • Conditions
                    • (Issued order) Equal to (Order(attack))
              • Then - Actions
                • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Attack-Move To (Target point of issued order)
              • Else - Actions
        • Trigger - Turn on (This trigger)

Formation Movement has to be turned off for this to work, but at the same time it makes formation movement kinda actually do like it sounds.

What Formation Movement REALLY does is it orders units with longer ranges to stay further back in a selection group. But this makes more sense, it actually makes the units take a formation if it's on, and just move independent without moving into a formation if it's off.

4. Vincent_Freeman

Vincent_Freeman

Resources:
    Resources:
    Tried both.
    A. - Not the one I'm looking for.
    B. - After creating such trigger my game started shutting down without an error message after loading.

5. Ceday

Ceday

Resources:
    Resources:
    As far as I know the only way is reducing the unit's collision size, for example if you make units collision size to 1 they will go shoulder to shoulder.