• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Unit Sight Range Change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Well In My Map The Unit Needs to see the whole map. so i was thinking of one of these too. Use some sort of trigger to extend its range behyond the 1800 (2400?) sight range limit OR as a different approach use a trigger to make a Unit Cast Far Sight at a random position.

Or Maybe theres a spell that does that. If So Is it Trigger based?

Level 2
Any Idea About The Casting Trigger. Doesnt Have To Be that spell, But Preferably it.........Or Would i hvae to use JASS?? :huh:

(edit) If my question One Above CANT be done Can Purplepoot's idea be done for only 1 unit/Team???

Last edited:
Level 40
You can create "Visibility Modifiers" for certain players, or you can just do something like this (which requires jass, though)

JASS:
if GetLocalPlayer() == <some player> then
    call FogEnable(false)
    call FogMaskEnable(false)
endif

[jass=For example, with allies of Player 1 (Red)]if IsPlayerAlly(GetLocalPlayer(),Player(0)) then
call FogEnable(false)
call FogMaskEnable(false)
endif[/code]

Level 11
You can use filters. I don't think its possible to make them for one player through GUI though, but, im kinda a noob with filters.

The only reason you'd use filters if you'd want to blind the player. (Like covering there screen with black or something) He wants to blind a unit.

Level 5
Yeah, bomber said it. I want to blind the unit, not the player.
I don't know any ability changing sight range. Also I got problems everytime I want a unit to cast a spell via triggers because there are just these default abilities given.

Status
Not open for further replies.