• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Unit selecting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I don't understand what you want exactly..
Do you mean when you select 12 units, only certain ones are selected?

Level 35
lol thats hard when you have 300 units XD

Hence my idea - you need to make more triggers then though and I guess an easier way would involve doing it in jass, but I hardly never work with jass so can't help you there.

As said I would make a trigger for each action and make that be trigger based on whatever unit starts the selection process, since I assume all selected should do the same, problem would be to add some for of value or something to them, but well its actually not a problem.. Since I've seen it done with the a lot units, although that was more of a move command of all units owned by a player, so if you only need that then you can simplify it a lot and just forget my overthinking.

Get a unit (Preferably use a leading unit) to have a dummy ability (for example use thunder clap and remove all the necessary values) and when that unit uses the ability turn on a trigger that sends all your army to the point that that unit is ordered to move. I am sure that this could be better triggered but meh here is a example.
  • Allows Army send
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Thunder Clap
    • Actions
      • Set Unit1 = (Triggering unit)
      • Trigger - Turn on (This trigger)
  • disallow Send
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to War Stomp
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Turn on Order Army <gen>
  • Send Army
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order targeting a point
    • Conditions
      • (Triggering unit) Equal to Unit1
    • Actions
      • Set Point = (Target point of issued order)
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in Army and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Attack-Move To Point
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Point)

Yeh that's why I said 'I am sure that this could be better triggered but meh here is a example.' because I know that it would create mass lag with the example that i did let alone there already being lag with 300 units without action.
maps with mass army of units are really annoying and are one of the types of maps that I hate most anyway:/.
@war-lord
Maybe you should try and come up with a better map idea.

Level 35
You can't move 300 units, even with triggers, they will bug game. You will need to order small groups of units (10-15) to move instead.

There is no need to have 300 units at same time. This can create really big lag, forget to clean few leaks and game will freeze.

I suggest increased unit stats over number of units.

Well I've seen maps and worked on one myself which could make a lot of units, though not 300.. I believe it might just have been a few hundreds a maximum. But well I don'¨t the triggers for it and they did always begin to lag at some point.

Level 35
I saw maps with 500 units placed on map at same time, but such maps aren't so good, as I told already, it's always better to increase hp, armor, damage etc and reduce units number :)

Hehe yep or do a compromise. A good deal of units, but still limited. Perhaps increase the size of the units to make them look more badass. But solely depends on what the requester actually needs it for. :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.