• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

(Unit - Owner of Unit) Types a Chat Message

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Well, I'm trying to select the player that can enable some triggers with a chat message, while the other players can't.
I already made the trigger to select that player. I set that player as a variable, but I found out that Variable Players can't be used in the "Player Types a Chat Message" Action. I made a Unit to change control to the selected player, but when I used the "(Unit - Owner of Unit) Types a Chat Message, the triggers wouldn't work.

Level 29
I didn't really understand what he said :/

You should then ask someone to explain better.

basically when you register an event to a trigger it registers the owner of unit.
This means that if the owner of the unit is player 1 red it registers that event only to player 1 red. When the owner of the unit changes the event never changes.

Level 4
I only want the trigger to work for one player, so I made a trigger to select the first Human-Controlled player on the map. Then I set that player as a Variable.

But since the "Player Typed a Chat Message" Action won't accept a Variable as a Player, I made a Unit to change control to the selected player.

But when I set the action to "!Unit - Owner of Unit) Types a Chat Message", The trigger won't work even if the player owns the unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.