• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Unit Overload

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
how come every time a spawn too many units at the same time and i order then to move the units move for a sec then stops then moves then stops?can i fix this without getting rid of units or or upgrading my computer's ram? My comp has 128RAM (ya i know its slow)

Level 16
That problem hasnt got anything to do with your computer. Its warcrafts 'problem'.

Computer players work same way as human players in a way. When you tell a computer player to move 100 units at same time, the comp player does the same thing you would do; he selects 12 units (max unit number which you can select) and orders them to move, then he selects another 12 units and orders them to move etc. etc.

There is no solution to this problem, except that you can (if your map allows) make more computer players and divide the units for the other computer players making each comp player to move less units, like 25 units for each comp (4 comps).

Level 4
No, so long as the same amount of units are moved and the orders are not to intenseive then will not cause lag.

Level 6
?

Wait i still have this problem, when there are way too many units on my control when i order them to move it takes like 10-20 sec before it does it

Level 22
You mean you still have the problem after you've divvied up the units among more computer players? Or did you not do that yet? Also make sure that there is an actual computer players assigned to all the units that belong to different computer players, not just the units changed to a new owner with the slot inactive.
-VGsatomi

Level 5
u could make it so u create 1 creep every 1 secpnd or something and do this trigger with it

Unit enerts region
Entering unit equal to owned by player (Computer)
Issuse order of entering unit to move to (Region)

only problem i know with this is in my cas (Noobish Triggerer) You have to make triggers real big

Status
Not open for further replies.