• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A Custom Unit Thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I'd like to do something like this to my unit:

I would like to create a unit, then order it to move to an area, but keeps moving..The problem is this..I'd like to lock the unit, that even if the player selects it he would not use an abillity or mvoe to somewhere else..

OBs: The unit must me owned by the player..But I don´t want the locust abillity..I just want that the unit keeps moving and cannot stop its actions.."Event - A Unit is Selected" will not work because the unit is created from a trigger...

Level 22
u can give the unit a variable name, set the created unit to the variable. then u can use the unit in triggers

but using the deselect function isnt good, it select the unit for 0.1 sec and people can still let it move if they r fast

so u should make a trigger that orders the unit to move to the 'rect' every 0.1 sec or sumthing to. and the deselect trigger

Level 1
Well..I Think that I wasnt clear enough..The idea is:

I want a unit that:

- Keeps walking and its course cannot be changed by players.

- Can be targeted by enemies attacks and spells

Just thoses...But...Its vulnerable and without locust..

Level 1
Not Yet...
I will try to explain my idea..

The Abillity. Someone will use an abillity based on finger of death, and then a unit will be created for that player with Yellow Color, the color of the player does not mind, and then that unit must enter in an area, and them, when it enters, it would use "Neutral - Kaboom" in an area!...

Event
A unit starts casting an abillity

Condition
Abillity being cast equal to Smiley Explosivo

Action
Unit Creat 1 Smiley for Owner of Unit (Casting Unit)...

Set Smiley - Last Created Unit
Set Aim - Target Unit of Abillity Being Cast
Region - Move TheAimX to Unit (Pos of Aim)
Unit - Order Smiley to Move-to Center of TheAimX

-------------------------

I just want that "Smiley Explosivo" cannot be selected by its owner, but can by others...xD..I will continue looking for an alternative..But...For now,thanks for the help!

------------------------
Edited: Which is the Variable Type to use when I choose "Event - Specific Unit Event" and "Unit is selected"

Level 6
I think i got what u want, but the part where the unit can be selected by other players and not the owner i cant figure. Just create a unit, set its move type to Fly, give it locust, invulnerable, and kaboom ability. Change the model (optional). Then create a unit variable and name it <missile>.

Event:
Unit starts the effect of an ability

Conditions:
(Ability being cast) equal to Smiley Explosive

Actions:
Unit- Create 1 (the created unit) for (owner of casting unit) at (position of casting unit)

Set <missile> to (last created unit)

Order <missile> to Neutral-Kaboom! (position of casting unit) offset by 600 towards (facing angle of casting unit) degrees.

That should do it. Im not sure if it works. Tell me if it doesnt.

Status
Not open for further replies.