• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

need help with a mass attack trigger!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
ok im pretty pissed at the moment... I want a simple trigger that executes a command of whenever a unit enters a region move all units of (variable) <I want the variable to contain some unit types and not others. Anyways move all units of that variable to movehere<reg> I had move all units conrtolled by player 1 or what ever player to move to movehere<reg> but half the time the units didnt move.... i was like wtf... and i have the event of ever 2 seconds... so they should move... So could someone plz help and tell me a way to make the EFFIN units move....

Level 7
you have a unit variable array for those units whou should move ?

Do a loop that orders every index of that unit array to move. Or did you allready try that ?
In my map I used unitgroups to massmove units.

By the use of that variable you do a loop and add each unit to that group and then order the whole group to move anywhere

Level 7
from what i gather he doesn't want an array, which is used for a small generally finite set of units

he simply wants

pick all units of type (owner of unit matching player 1) and do
+ order picked unit to move/attackmove to region whatever

Level 3
heres what i got

Massing
Events
Unit - A unit enters DivinityMassMiddle <gen>
Conditions
(Owner of (Entering unit)) Equal to Player 1 (Red)
Actions
Unit Group - Order (Units owned by Player 1 (Red)) to Attack-Move To (Center of Middle <gen>)
Unit - Move Divinity Chooser 0092 <gen> instantly to (Center of RedMassReturn <gen>)

however it works fine the first time u do it but as soon as u try again nothing moves... and theres only 20 units that i want it to move... it seems like when a unit from that player reaches middle<gen> it shuts off!!! plz help!!!

deso

Level 5
Desolatefire said:
Actions
Unit Group - Order (Units owned by Player 1 (Red)) to Attack-Move To (Center of Middle <gen>)

Since you already have condition that unit is owned by red so you don't need "order (units owned by red)" thing, you could do "unit - issue order on triggering unit to attack-move to point". Just as that. Example if unit belongs to Blue or other, your trigger won't run for "that" unit because it failed to match your condition.

Level 6
Ok, from what i guess you are making a map with unit control quite much like the one in most 'zone control'-maps
maybe you are even making a zone control map ^^

i would change the trigger making it a bit easier - and i hope it works then:

Event:
- (generic) A unit enters Region(<your region>)
Condition:
Action:
- Unitgroup - Order (All units owned by (Owner of(Entering Unit))) - to attack-move (<your location>)
- Move Unit(Entering Unit) instantly to (<your location>)

It's quite much like your trigger, i have to confess.
Sry i only noticed that your trigger (could) work only for one player and enhanced it so it (could) work for more than one player.

Nevertheless i guess that your problem is more likley in the last line of your trigger:

Unit - Move Divinity Chooser 0092 <gen> instantly to (Center of RedMassReturn <gen>)

Is there any trigger that does any actions when a unit enters 'RedMassReturn' ?

If there is a trigger that orders the unit around when they enter 'RedMassReturn' then i guess the problem lies there - they simply get too different orders to fast after another or the secodn order is 'stop'

Level 3
didnt work either raz... im not sure whats the problem it should be one of the effin easiest least problematic triggers and yet its worse then any trigger ive ever seen. Maybe the (Attack) part of the trigger makes the units battle hungry and forget what the trigger says idk... can anyone help me!!!

plz!!!

deso

Status
Not open for further replies.