• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Unit only attacks specific unit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hi, how can I do, that a unit only attacks certain types of units?
Alright more detail:
I am Player 3
I build buildings
Buildings spawn units for Player 1 (NPC)
Units move and attack to base of Player 7 (Human Opponent of me)
Now I want to make a special unit called Witch-hunter.
It's supposed to only attack units like healers, mages and other of those.
but now how can i do that?
It has to be not able to attack any other units before all magicians are dead near it, and it has to move on after that to the enemy base...
Please help!

Level 6
I guess you could use a specific "stats -unit classification" for the spellcasters, and allow the Witch-hunter to only attack those with "combat - attack1 - targets allowed"

For example, have all the spellcasters marked as "ancient", and the Witch-hunters "combat - attack1 - targets allowed" (maybe attack2 aswell i dunno) set to ancients only.

If the witch-hunters belong to a cpu player then this would do the trick. But if a human player has a witch-hunter, and the forces hiim to attack a unit witch is not an ancient, a message will say "Can only target ancients", which doesnt sound so good. To fix that, you can do this:

World Editor --> Advanced --> Game Interface --> Text - Message - 'Unable to target Ancients' --> [set the text here to: "Can only target spellcasters"] --> then press ok

Level 6
True. You'll have to check your spells to be able to target ancients and so on. I dont know if there's some things you cant fix, like if they always take reduced to spells. Maybe you can choose another classification that better suits your map. Anyway you'll just have to test it out and see how it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.