1. The heavens smile on the old faithful. The 16th Techtree Contest has begun.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The die is cast - the 6th Melee Mapping Contest results have been announced. Onward to the Hive Cup!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The glory of the 20th Icon Contest is yours for the taking!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Shoot to thrill, play to kill. Sate your hunger with the 33rd Modeling Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Do you hear boss music? It's the 17th Mini Mapping Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[General] Unit Location Trigger

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by Lord_Sauron, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Lord_Sauron

Lord_Sauron

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hi, I have a unit whose projectiles are another type of unit.

I've created a trigger so that when it attacks something, a point ("Launch_Point") is generated at the attacker's location ("Location_Attacker"), offset by a bit in the direction of the facing angle of the attacker, and creates the projectile at "Launch_Point". For some reason, "Location_Attacker" doesn't seem to be consistently at the actual center of the attacking unit, but is rather always offset a little bit (irrespective of the facing angle of the unit).

The result is that the projectile isn't always coming from the same spot on the attacking unit, which is annoying from an animation perspective.

Any idea why this might be and what I can do to correct it?

2. Assassins-Creed

Assassins-Creed

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    If you mean that the projectile which spawns at launch_point is always at the side of the unit is because of the collision, you need to turn collision off in triggers and also in object editor make collision 0.

3. Lord_Sauron

Lord_Sauron

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The projectile's collision was already turned off. But I fixed the problem: for some reason the location was consistently offset by 25 "spaces" towards 225 degrees, so I adjusted the spawn location to compensate. Thanks though.