• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Unit Location Trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hi, I have a unit whose projectiles are another type of unit.

I've created a trigger so that when it attacks something, a point ("Launch_Point") is generated at the attacker's location ("Location_Attacker"), offset by a bit in the direction of the facing angle of the attacker, and creates the projectile at "Launch_Point". For some reason, "Location_Attacker" doesn't seem to be consistently at the actual center of the attacking unit, but is rather always offset a little bit (irrespective of the facing angle of the unit).

The result is that the projectile isn't always coming from the same spot on the attacking unit, which is annoying from an animation perspective.

Any idea why this might be and what I can do to correct it?

Level 10
If you mean that the projectile which spawns at launch_point is always at the side of the unit is because of the collision, you need to turn collision off in triggers and also in object editor make collision 0.

The projectile's collision was already turned off. But I fixed the problem: for some reason the location was consistently offset by 25 "spaces" towards 225 degrees, so I adjusted the spawn location to compensate. Thanks though.

Status
Not open for further replies.