• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Unit enters region, Unit Casts Spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Event-A Unit Enters (Region1)
Condition-Whatever you want
Action-Unit- Create 1 (Dummy Unit) For (Player 12) at (Position of Triggering Unit)
Action-Unit- Set a 2 Second Generic Expiration Timer on (Last Created Unit)
Action-Unit- Order (Last Created Unit) to (Your Spell) on (Triggering Unit

It leaks and you need a dummy unit with your spell and that good stuff but you get the idea. :infl_thumbs_up:

Level 7
i know ive tried that but all the spells you can choose from in the order unit to (blank) trigger unit are preset, meaning i can't get any custom abilities to be cast. also the situation im using is there a unit in a region, when another enemy uit enters that region, the unit in ht region originaly casts spell on the unit that entered the region.

Level 10
Dude, you have to be smarted than that...
Those "preset abilities" all have their ability ID. So if u made 1.000.000 abilities based on "slow". Than by issueing an order [cast slow] any of these 1.000.000 abilities can be casted because they ALL have the same ID as slow.
So:
Unit enters a region
If boolean - unit X is in region
If boolean - triggering unit is an enemy of Unit X
Than issue cast [Slow/or any other id] on triggering unit

Level 7
Dude, you have to be smarted than that...
Those "preset abilities" all have their ability ID. So if u made 1.000.000 abilities based on "slow". Than by issueing an order [cast slow] any of these 1.000.000 abilities can be casted because they ALL have the same ID as slow.
So:
Unit enters a region
If boolean - unit X is in region
If boolean - triggering unit is an enemy of Unit X
Than issue cast [Slow/or any other id] on triggering unit

Exept i dont want the 1,000,000 other abilities based on slow to be cast, i want 1 ability to, and would crushing wave be based on carrior swarm?

Level 12
Crushing wave? The melee one? That is based on crushing wave. =) If you tell your unit Bob who has a ability called UBER SLOWNESS AND PAINAGE WOULD HAXXORS YOUR MOVEMENT based off slow, you get Bob to cast it by telling him to cast Sorceress-Slow. It doesnt matter if you 49 other variations of his Uber spell, he will only cast the one version he has. Did that help?

Status
Not open for further replies.