• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Unit Editor Help -- Negative Auras

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
How would you make negative auras, i.e. an aura that reduces nearby enemy unit's armor? -1.00, etc. doesn't work, so I'm clueless. Some help would be appreciated... thanks.

Level 8
lol, I did exactly that in my campaign...

Go into preferences in the general tab. Change it to allow negative numbers. Then go to your ability, Devotion Aura for example, and change the armor bonus to -1.00 rather than 1.50. That worked for me.

Level 2
Interesting...to think it was so simple. I'll need to keep that in mind. I do have a question though, while we're on auras. What of making an aura out of a skill like pillage? How would you go about that(if it is even doable)?

Level 5
You would have to do something like attach a region or rect to yourhero then a unit enters rect, then give pillage to entering unit, and vice versa, unit leaves, remove ability pillage.

You may be able to do unit come within xxx range of [yourhero] and do the same thing.

Level 8
Pillage Aura?

You may be able to simply make Pillage a Hero ability, change the targets, range, an make it no mana. Than remove the requirements and it may work.

Status
Not open for further replies.