• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] unit data question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
I know this is a dumb question lol but how come sometimes the transmute spell ignores the max level requirement? I have the spell set to max lvl 5 but the unit i am using it on is lvl6. Does the unit have to be in the Neutral Hostile category or something for this rule to take affect?

Level 7
Units after lvl 6 are supposed to be spell resistant, so when you give a spell a higher creep lvl req than 6 sometimes it translates to all unit levels above 6. It's built into wc3 for melee but is maybe changeable in gameplay constants or such.

Just look around gameplay constants maybe you'll find something to change it.

Level 6
I know this is a dumb question lol but how come sometimes the transmute spell ignores the max level requirement? I have the spell set to max lvl 5 but the unit i am using it on is lvl6. Does the unit have to be in the Neutral Hostile category or something for this rule to take affect?

There are a lots of bugs in wc3. This could be one of them.
The best way to be sure is to make a demo map that has only transmute spell and lvl6 unit. That way you can be sure it is nothing else from your map that is making trouble.

As a general note asking questions like this in forum because you are lazy to do a 3 minute testing is ... well you know what.

Status
Not open for further replies.