• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Unit data in world editor reverting to outdated values

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi all,

I am working on a modified frozen throne map ('monsoon' to be specific) that will allow a player to choose a custom race once they are within the game (i.e. type '.naga' into chat to have main building and workers replaced with naga units, etc).

That's going fine, but the problem is that for some reason all the unit data has reverted back to its original form (and I do mean all). For example:

Gryphons attacks are listed as piercing, and the Gryphon Aviary requires Castle (instead of Keep) in techtree. Rifleman has 520 hp instead of 535. The tavern only holds the original 5 tavern heroes (i.e. no tinker, firelord, or alchemist).

I have no idea how this happened as I haven't made any changes to the existing races (all I have done is create custom units). In all my melee maps the unit data is fine.

I'm hoping there is a solution that doesn't require me manually finding and changing each and every one of these variables. Has anyone experienced this problem before?

Last edited:
Level 1
Turns out the problem was that it was no longer melee:

'Melee maps use the unit data from the most recent patch, so they may change if a new patch comes out. Non-melee maps use the original unit data (RoC 1.01 or TFT 1.07). This is so patch changes will not mess up custom maps.

If you want to use the most recent patch data in your custom map, go to "Scenario->Map Options..." and change the "Game Data Set" entry to "Latest Patch".'

Status
Not open for further replies.