• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Unit Clicking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Well, basicly I'm making a spell that's like Starfall but units are summoned in front of the enemies and the units attack them for like 1 sec or more and dissappear. And I would like the summoned units to not be unclickable while there summoned, but they will dissappear after a few seconds so I guess it should be trigger activated.
EDIT: Now that I tested it nothing seems to be working, the caster is a blademaster and I have created another dummie blademaster that has a critical at 100 % but my problem is how can I get them summoned in front of the enemies and like do one critical and dissappear. And that's got to happen to all the enemies in range of the starfall ability

Level 3
Okay, here is what I suggest.. Go in the object editor and give all the summoned units you'll be using Locust. If you are using one of your summoned units as a normal unit, make another one in the object editor. The great thing about locust is the units will not be able to be clicked on.. The problem... Is they won't be able to be attacked either. Now that we got this over and done with here are a couple of different triggers you might want to look at for solving your problem:

This one is very simple but i'm not sure if it's what you were looking for:
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit owned by Player 1 (Red) Spawns a summoned unit
  • Conditions
    • (Unit-type of (Summoned unit)) Equal to Footman
  • Actions
    • Wait 3.75 game-time seconds
    • Unit - Kill (Summoned unit)
This one i have not tested but i assume will work and i have a feeling this is what you had in mind. Make sure the unit is = to the type of whatever your summoned units may be:
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit Is attacked
  • Conditions
    • (Unit-type of (Attacking unit)) Equal to Footman
  • Actions
    • Wait 0.35 game-time seconds
    • Unit - Kill (Attacking unit)
Good Luck!

Level 11
OMG, the spell looks great, just what I wanted, I used the first way you metioned, awesome. I uploded the map if someone would like to see it.
+REP

Attachments

• Dimentionless.w3x
    18.1 KB · Views: 66
Level 3
Okay so i tested your spell.. It's really cool, only thing is you have no need for my first trigger considering they do not exactly get "summoned" and they run around for 20 seconds or so haha.. So remove my trigger, and if you wanted the summons to go up and do 1 critical attack and then die, use my second trigger..

But if you wanted them to last 3 seconds or so, change that in the object editor under your ability dimentionless.. I suggesst they last 5 seconds with .10 second intervals. It worked great for me!

Level 19
you summon units with trigger right ? well
create unit blabla in position of blabla
add exparation timer to last created unit 1 seconds
order last created unit to attack blabla
add locust ability to lastcreated unit (locust makes units unclickable)

or add locust to unit in object editor but if you add in object editor you cannot locate it with pick every unit in map or actions like it

Status
Not open for further replies.