• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Unit AI Problem for my RPG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Hello,

I'm making an RPG, and it's getting closer and closer to 'done'.
However I have a problem.

Player 12 (Brown) is the Computer (Insane) player in my map with the creeps you can kill to get experience, items, gold etc.. However When I give Player 12 (Brown) no 'difficulty rank' (like computer easy, normal or insane) the units will stand where I placed them but WONT cast spells I gave them unless they are passive like Critical Strike.
When I make Player 12 (Brown) Computer easy, normal or insane they will cast spells.. BUT.. they will have a higher aggro range. When I attack a creep, and some other creeps are like 800 in range away, they will come to the creep and assist him. Does anyone have an idea how to remove this?
I want to have creeps with an 'assistant range' for around 500 (its low I know) but they must be able to cast spells too..

I could just trigger every single unit and give him the 'Cast Mountain King - Thunder Clap' commands and such.. but that costs alot of time, and with that I have to create more, and more triggers.. and I have so much triggers already.

Is there anyone with a good solution? Please post, I will credit too ofc.

Many thanks from me.

(Ps.. if you don't know what I mean pls ask.. I try to explain it as good as I can,.. but it's a problem that's hard to explain... Maybe I will make a little fraps video to show what I'm talking about.. if this wont help.)

Level 19
Oh and one more little thing that might be easier to solve,.. but not more important.

Anyone knows how I can make Player 11 and Player 12 unselectable when you start the game? So it can only be a computer controlling it..
Else someone will control player 12 .. and that really shouldnt happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.