• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I need AI for my map!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hello!, i am new on the hive, i have a special request for experienced editors, i hope it's not too much work.

I just uploaded my map Caveman War v1.0 today, it is an AoS/DotA style mini-game, it was the first time i made a custom map and i managed to set up everything with the help of tutorials, but one thing my map lacks is hero AI, i wanted it to have AI from the start but i do not have the knowledge to create one, tried with some tutorials but they require me to know JASS coding, which i do not know, i'm just moderately proficent with GUI.

So i came here to humbly ask if someone could please make an AI for my map, i would be very grateful and ofcourse credit your work on my map!

There are a number of reasons why i think making an AI for my map should be relatively easy for an experienced map maker:

- the map is small and there is only one "lane"
- my map has only 1 hero, but it has both a melee and a ranged version
- the abilities are all normal warcraft 3 edited abilities, not triggered ones

I want AI on my map because it will enable people to play alone, and to fill slots if there are not enough players, i also spend a lot of time on a place without internet connection so i would also use it for my own amusement (i have a potato computer that is unable to run new games anyway)

Game modes can be bypassed because there is only 1 type of hero, i only want the computer to pick and play the hero, buy and use items, try to last hit creeps, attack players as a priority, attack towers when possible, and retreat when severely injured, or when it detects a huge danger (x amount of health lost in y seconds perphas?), and if it could be done, make it pick up power-up items when available (my map has some runes like in DotA) and use additional units (in my map you can purchase a limited number of units and use them alongside the hero)

There should also be a special enfasis on hit-and run tactics, specially against neutral units because they can kill the player in like 3 seconds.

I don't know how it works, but it would also be cool if the AI difficulty could be chosen on the lobby by changing the "easy, normal, hard and insane" boxes.

If anyone is willing to help i can provide additional information about the map! I hope somebody can help me with this, thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.