• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Unique new AOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
First off i'll state what is needed
-JASS
-Terrainer
-Modellors
maybe a skinner or a animator

i can model and skin and maybe animate i still am trying to grasp that part :grin: i also have a lot of ideas for spells, and i have made a few of them, someone told me the terrain i make sucks and i wouldn't have time to learn JASS because im already working on a few other languages

Ok, so i've started making a map, its for my clan but they will only be mentioned once and it will be very subtle (a military acronym)
here is what i told them...

"The game will consist of 2 teams in a constant battle against each other (like a dota if your familiar with the style). Each side will have a "super hero" like a king or something, and they move and attack very slowly, once the heros meet in the middle there will be a massive battle, each hero spawning more units out of it, at which time the game play changes almost completely, the allies of the hero who wins the battle will have to defend the super hero on the way to the enemies base, and once they reach it, well it will be a massacre."

-------Here is the basis of why the teams are fighting--------

In further detail the teams will be the Past vrs. the future. The past will have improved fighting skills but primitive weapons. The future will have more advanced weaponry (most skills based off mechanisms as appose to magic) but wont be as acrobatic or fast. The futuristic warriors are in training (otherwise they would own the past obviously) and they clone all the greatest heroes from the past and take them to there time because the powerful wizard (insert omnious name here) summoned them with his magic (futuristic superhero). The heroes of the past caused a revolt and broke out of the training center and set up camp in a secluded forest. At first the future warriors attempted to subdue the heroes of legend, but they made quick work of the unsuspecting warriors, furthermore now they harnessed technology. when the elite band of future warriors known as HeaT (Harmonious entities of attack tactics) came to kill the clones once and forall they noticed they had opened a portal to the past and where bringing the roman legion to the future, this could be whiped out easily by a guy with a laser beam, except that if a waypoint is destroyed before the uncloned are sent back, the whole space time continuim would be torn. The past's hero of course would be thrall, except with a way cooler custom model where hes not on a wolf.

Hero races will come in the following (list made for starcraft players):

-High elf
-Blood Elf
-Night elf
-Human
-Orc
-Skeletan
-undeads with stitched together bodies (abominations)
-nerubian (spider)
-Tauren
-Troll
-Ogre
-Draeni
-lizard (humanoid)
-Pandaren (panda bear)
-Terran
-Protoss
-Zerg
-Other
(starcraft races will not be exact duplicants)

The game will feature heros with martial art stances (based of metamorphisis to get more fighting styles abilities and strategies)

My goal is to have a beta by october, a finished version by december and a Lite (RoC possibly) version by next summer.

Last edited:
Level 10
Well it sounds cool, but right now it sounds like all talk.

And if you need a JASS person, a terrainer, a skinner and a modeller. Wtf are you doing? Whats left? "Leading the team"?

Post some screenshots of the work you have already done. Or give us some proof that this project isnt just another one of those ones that will be abandon and never finished.

Level 3
well actually im doing a little bit of everything ive already made 3 models and i already have a few of the spells done i just need help with doing it faster, i will make this myself if i get no team members i just wanted to make it before sc2 hit shelves and i would have to wait for a new converter to put it into a sc2 map
a person who knows jass is essential for me, but you dont necessarily need one on your team you can just ask around on forums "hey why isnt this trigger working..."

as for animations well i can just use blizzards if i dont figure it out

models are easy enough for me im just running into some problems not being able to select vertex's

skins are my specialty i just need someone to map the uws for me

terrain is by all means unneccessary and i only posted it because it might speed the process a week or so

so pretty much i can make the whole map once i figure out how to put my model with my skin and so long as the triggers are in gui instead of jass but i know jass would make a better map

and deviant art is down right now so i cant get my screenies

Level 3
i dont know what that is but i came up with the idea to try to mix a defense and an aos together (PS blizzard has a game something about candy with super heroes but they are used in a complete different way)

Status
Not open for further replies.