• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

AoS project: Horde vs Alliance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
If any of u guys are interested in helping me with this project, would be glad having u in team. I have already started working on this map for some time and I am working with 2 guys, but that is way too slow. As for the map concerns, it will have 2 lanes that gather at the same point at the end and at that point u will have to fight boss in order to destroy main structure. I was planning it for 5 players per team, 2 teams ofc with a lot of various creeps spawning and a huge choice of Heroes. Also there will be a huge choice of neutral creeps that u can fight with. I need a programmer and a terrainer. So there is place for 2 of u that are interested... U can reach me on MSN or email me : [email protected].

1.An AoS map with 2 lanes
2.Around 30 heroes atm=supposed 40-50:
This part I will reveal just a lil:
-Shamans, Druids, Warlocks, Mages
-Warriors, Rogues, Fighters, Slashers
-Hunters, Rangers etc...
3.Various spawning creeps
-For Alliance regular spawning creeps will be:
1)Archer + Footmans
Occasional spawning creeps are:
Knight + Gryphon
and
Mountain Giant and Druid of Claw(the most powerfull spawning creeps wave)
-For Horde regular spawning creeps will be:
1)Headhunter + Grunts
Occasional spawning creeps are:
Raider + Wind Rider
and
Stonemaul Ogre and Tauren(the most powerfull spawning creeps wave)
Ofc those creeps are balanced between themselves, so there is nothing to worry about overmassing waves.
4.Various neutral creeps
-From Gnolls and Trolls to Ogre Lords, Infrenals, Doomguards, Dragons, Wildkins, Dragonspawns etc.
5.Team play constantly required
-There wont be solo farming in woods as we know from Dota, coz creeps are gonna be quite strong, plus u all get money when u kill it by teamwork. Spawning creeps are quite powerfull and there wont a situation where 1 guy could defend it alone.... Ofc they wont be imba, just lil more stronger then those we are used to.
6.Each Hero depending on his class and orientation, will have different spells, armor and damage type.
-Spellcasting type Heroes like Mages, Druids, Shamans etc will have Magic attack and Unarmored or Light armor type.
-Ranged type heroes like Hunters and Rangers etc will have Piercing attack and Medium Armor.
-Melee type Heroes like Rogues, Warriors and Fighters etc will have Normal Attack and Heavy armor type.
(We all know which type of damage deals bonus damage to which type of armor, so I think it will be interesting(
7.Items not started yet, but will be after I finish triggers and terrain.
8.At the end of each of those 2 lanes is a Boss, defending entrance to base and needs to be killed. Has a chance to drop item that cant be bought. The bosses will be different, depending on which side u are( Rexxar and Rokan for the Horde, Jaina and Magni Brozenbeard for the Alliance). Ofc there will be a final boss that will be guarding main structure (Thrall, Furion).
9.That is all I can say for now, detailed info in personal.

Coder:
U need to know to work in JASS or very good at GUI
Terranier:
Skilled with terrain and dodooad stuff

Cya there and hope for good cooperation.:wthumbsup:

Last edited:
Level 2
I know of about 6 AoSes with Alliance vs Horde.
Try using different names and styles.

Screenshots? :grin:

Will be screenshots soon, but this is my idea, didnt steal from anyone and I dont care if there are other Aos with same theme... This is map that I wanna make and I need help from others, not some comments from others use other names... Ofc this is not the final version, the name can me made in a min but map can't... So I can change inot Orcs vs Humans for example...

Level 21
No offence intended.

Ofcourse you didn't steal it from anyone because it's not really an original idea. The whole AoS genre in fact is no longer original, seeing as how many times people tried making a map that certainly is not like DotA. Or at least that's what they claim.

But obviously, your map won't be like that, will it... :croll:

Level 2
No offence intended.

Ofcourse you didn't steal it from anyone because it's not really an original idea. The whole AoS genre in fact is no longer original, seeing as how many times people tried making a map that certainly is not like DotA. Or at least that's what they claim.

But obviously, your map won't be like that, will it... :croll:

Ofc that my wont be like Dota, I have good ideas for it and I need help from u guys... So are there any of u interested.. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.