• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Unique(?) Map Idea. Help Wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I've been looking though the JASS scripts and comments by other board members and I would like to know whether this would be possible and would like to find some people that would like to do this. Just think of me as the source of the idea.

Anyways... idea.

I was sitting here watching Fooly Cooly and in episode two, a scene stuck in my mind. The part that mentions the game Mamimi was playing, Firestarter. Pretty much the game is that as an agent of Canti, the Lord of the Black Flame, you are charged to destroy this city. You gotta be careful about burning stuff down as if you destroy too much too fast, you get caught in the blaze, but if you're not fast enough, the city is able to build faster than you and you lose (I assume it has something to do with saving nature from the advancement of the concrete jungle).

So, as the gears turned in my head, I remembered reading about building the terrain with doodads and some sort of LEGO stacking system. Thinking on that, I recalled a skeetshoot map I picked up from Blizz's hall of fame and I figured that if someone mixed the two and added some sort of gravity to the LEGO bricks, you could have a map where you can blast down walls and watch them crumble.

I sat here and continued on the train of thought: What if it was a multiplayer race to trash the most in the city in a set time? What would the story be? More questions than answers, I'm afraid. So, I'm sitting here wondering, could this be possible? (Summary below)

1) LEGO bricks system that allows building buildings from a collection of doodads.
2) Skeetshoot system merged with a keyboard movement for an arcade-styled setup.
3) Brick doodads that react to gravity. (i.e. top ones fall if bottom are removed).
4) Weapons/items to go along with it.
5) Adding N.O. (from FLCL) to the map to allow for special summons/items.
6) Adding cops/firefighters/others with special AIs.
7) Ability to enter buildings.
8) Tying it all together.

Now, I am aware that there is barely any information on this map, but as I said, it's just an idea. And, I don't know about you all, but I would -love- to play a map like this, and I would help with something like this any way I can, but I must admit, I am new to WorldEdit...

Level 8
I love FLCL with all my heart, so i'll refrain from technical comments (most entries from your list reqiue highly skilled mapmakers).

Also, i don't think this is the place where fans of furi kuri are gathered :(

-----------------

I might have some time to make the map if you provide not just general ideas, but full 100% specification of what happens when.

Anyway music by The Pillows playing in warcraft would be raw pure win, it's not that lame arthas rockin theme.

Level 2
Yeah, it would be a bit of a project. I'll try digging up that Stacking Bricks script... I believe it was on this site... and I'll get a link to the skeetshoot map.

I have a friend who's a bit of a pyro show some interest in building a list of weaponry for the map. I figured between the two of us we could get a good bit of the information fleshed out.

One thing I thought that would be exceedingly neat when talking to my buddy last night, before he got into my collection of anime and we were thoroughly distracted, would be having the actual ground itself treated as the stacking bricks, so you can blow holes in the ground.

And, to make your dreams come true; I got 17 tracks of The Pillows, now to figure out which make it in the map? :)

Oh, and apologies for my mispelling... Canti is the name of the Medical Mechanica robot, Cantide is the Lord of Black Flame. Yes, yes... I'm a whee bit of a FLCL fan (Paranoia Agent too, but that's a different topic).

Level 2
Cantido? I heard it was Cantide.

So, which should I use? Canti, Cantide, or Cantido? It would be in reference to the video game Mamimi's playing, not the Medical Mechanica robot.

EDIT: Here is the link to the Skeetshooting map that, if you ask me, has the system needed for targetting/physics for this... project.
@Moderator(s): Please inform me if external linking as I did is against the rules. If it is, I applogize, as I missed it when reading the 'welcome to the forums' topics.

EDIT2: Is it just me, or does the pheonix in this picture seem to be the perfect Atomsk? If it was bigger, that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.