• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Unholy Tyrant ORPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Is White-Lion the terrainer? If he is, please let me know... then i will make items only, all with their unique story :D

Level 4
Aight!

Hey white! Whats up?

Can i see your work? then lets work together as a team and suprise Dumby alot when we are done :D:smile:

I think ill start with terrain, allready made a island with a instance, based on 2 levels, on is for 30 - 45, the other is 60 - 75. Its called Ragefire Cave. :D:D:D

Level 7
Hey Bobo!
Well i havent uploaded any terrain right now, but i will do it later :p
Actually i dont know where i shall terrain and what kind of terrain you guys want me to make :p So please! i need some info

Level 4
I have allready added a Island (Bone Island) for level 30 - 35.
THIS IS JUST A EXAMPLE OF WHAT I CAN DO!
Let me tell you how i work on the this island.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
POSSITIVES

There is a Troll Den is a location, thats where you fly to with Zepp.

There is one guy called Voljur that gives 7 quests, for leveling.

There is Grunt Guards around the Den.

NEGATIVES

There is a summoning portal somewhere else in this Island. Where Quillboar summons spawns every third second. Fixed lag and leaks.

The first quest will be kill 40 of these. They have ONLY 155 HP so the Grunt Guards wont die. Also they are level 1 so they dont give EXP.

The second quest is like this, there will just spawn stronger this time and the limit will be 20.

A Razormane Lord on a throne controls this Summoning Portal, the third quest will be kill this guy and stop the portal from summoning these damn Quillboars.

When he is killed, there will be acces to a Instance called "Ragefire Cave" for level 35 - 45 that is pretty hardcore. There will be 3 quests in this instance.

So there is 6 quests used. The final quest is killing the Last Boss in this instance, that is for level 60 - 75. The instance has 2 parts, 1 boss each.

The last Quest in this area is a quest you need to train hard for, this also means Bone Island wont be forgotten untill level 80 i think :D Muaha (My work, FTW).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hope it helped for how you should work, also asking Dumby is a good thing before you begin xD, i didnt ask and are on Quests allready o_O oh well :D

Level 7
So you also want me to do some quest? well okay :)

But i didnt meant that kind of information i meant that dumb should make an island on the map laready an then i could fill it with environment because i dont wanna place it myself and then someone tells me that its too big or small

Level 4
My comment for that: Here is what i think while im working on this map "Cheeeeseeeeee..."! Do the same and you will work brilliant!

Joke: I think you should work on some area, and add some quests, not all.. and make great terrain also, then show it to Dumby.. i think thats much better.

Last edited:
Level 7
i never udnerstood what terrain i should do ^^ and where on the map (also how much)

It really doesn't matter too much, I usually leave the tops of the maps and the sides for dungeons, just make sure to leave like 30-40% of the map open to dungeons, and the rest should be leveling zones like the first one is like 1-5 then 6-10, the after like level 20 zones the zones can be for both the first faction and the second faction. To create PvP :) Kinda like wars of warcraft if you've ever played that, but better lol :) but level 1-20 the zones should be seperate, but thats pretty much already done. I pretty much want creativity :)

Level 4
Your Map

I got your map but i am extremely busy these times around, please just send him the map you have and let him work on it. :)

Level 7
i already have the map but thats without Bobo's work so i dont think i should work on that :p

Well I guess he hasn't really done anything, so just use them map I sent you :)

I have been learning how to create custom models, and I can now create models :D I made a sword model, but it wont let me open it in VertexModifier for some reason so I cant UV map it... lol Its so easy to create models :D

Level 7
I've had a lot of progress on my map, though not much help since everyone flaked out on me lol but thats ok. I've made every single one of the Item Models that are in my map. This is really epic so far. I've also made all the triggers used too o_O

Heyhey! Dumbdumb! I'm checking in on your project now. Ancient lands are stuck, i reckon, so i think i'll move my focus to this 'ere map. If you need me, i'll be there for testing, GUI triggering, ideas, storyline, spelling, some terraining (in training current position: medium to good) Some icons (in training current position: Bad to medium) and just overall thorough reports and so. But it's only if you want me. The timedifference IS a problem. Well, i think i'll go around, readin' up on a lot of this stuff.

Level 7
Heyhey! Dumbdumb! I'm checking in on your project now. Ancient lands are stuck, i reckon, so i think i'll move my focus to this 'ere map. If you need me, i'll be there for testing, GUI triggering, ideas, storyline, spelling, some terraining (in training current position: medium to good) Some icons (in training current position: Bad to medium) and just overall thorough reports and so. But it's only if you want me. The timedifference IS a problem. Well, i think i'll go around, readin' up on a lot of this stuff.

lol, well I'll let you know, moving slowly right now due to life... Check out the map and download it at unholytyrant.game-host.org

Well! I've tried it... It seems good, but very unpolished and unbalanced. I chose elementalist, and got to lvl 4. It was okay, although the shades of the creeps, their hp / damage balance and appearance could be drastically improved. I see you used the same enemy system as last time, and that's fine... works okay. The Dropsystem... Meister Dumbdumb... You don't have to make equipment for every level. It seems... too overdone... It might help in the beginning... but then it must change, i think.

Camera system. Seems OKAY, but definately can't be the final one.

Bag system. Remove soundset, make it auto-follow, maybe totally invisible. for the player.

terrain. Good-looking as always. ^^

Quest system. Well... the old one wasn't too good, and the new one fixed some of those problems, but created some new. You can't read up on the quests...

Crafting system. Well. The components you pick up should only be able to be picked up, if you got the proffession. And about that, i would prefer, if you only had one type of profession.

Enemies. Said some about them earlier. Also, shorten / remove their call for help range. SO annoying.

Armor. I noticed that 'linen armor' or something said that it was plate in the description...

Well... There's a lot to do yet! I wish ya luck. And if you ever need me, i'll be right here. Or at your forum, under the name The_Clam.

Level 7
Well! I've tried it... It seems good, but very unpolished and unbalanced. I chose elementalist, and got to lvl 4. It was okay, although the shades of the creeps, their hp / damage balance and appearance could be drastically improved. I see you used the same enemy system as last time, and that's fine... works okay. The Dropsystem... Meister Dumbdumb... You don't have to make equipment for every level. It seems... too overdone... It might help in the beginning... but then it must change, i think.

Camera system. Seems OKAY, but definately can't be the final one.

Bag system. Remove soundset, make it auto-follow, maybe totally invisible. for the player.

terrain. Good-looking as always. ^^

Quest system. Well... the old one wasn't too good, and the new one fixed some of those problems, but created some new. You can't read up on the quests...

Crafting system. Well. The components you pick up should only be able to be picked up, if you got the proffession. And about that, i would prefer, if you only had one type of profession.

Enemies. Said some about them earlier. Also, shorten / remove their call for help range. SO annoying.

Armor. I noticed that 'linen armor' or something said that it was plate in the description...

Well... There's a lot to do yet! I wish ya luck. And if you ever need me, i'll be right here. Or at your forum, under the name The_Clam.

Yeah i'm not anywhere near done, and type -bag to summon and dismiss your bag, it will auto dismiss after 15 seconds.

And yeah call for help needs fixed

And i guess I can make the quest lof show all quests, but you can't do them until you get the quest.
And equipment for the first 10 levels will be every level after that it will balance out and equipment becomes rarer as it gets stronger.

Level 7
Well... what did you do? he haven't banned you yet, it seems... well... i sure don't hope you'll be banned, 'cause its nice to have you here... But, you possibly don't want to be on THW either... why is that?

POST 600!!!

he might ban me because my skull flame shield, he thinks it was ripped directly out from WoW, but really... I made it from scratch so we are fighting over that

Status
Not open for further replies.