• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Unhiding and Hiding Units in a Region

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Basically, I'm trying to construct a "ghost" town for my campaign/adventure. Now, I've been trying to set the town to where, ghosts will appear at night, yet disappear at morning. So far, the morning trigger works fine, and my hero, or the player's hero doesn't vanish with them aswell...but I cannot get them to reappear when dusk comes around again. I tried to do 2 seperate triggers, and again, the morning one worked (the first time anyways) and the night one, however, did not.

If anyone could get feedback to me, I would greatly appreciate your assistance. Thanks! :wink:

Level 12
Why not just remove them, save the point, save the unit, and replace the unit to that point when the time comes again?

Level 12
I never thought of that. :xxd: It would be like the respawn trigger that most RPG's use, right? Just in that region however?

The trigger would depend entirely on how you wanted it to function, but for the most part would be quite similar to the respawn triggers most rpgs use.

And windwalk has to be the worst suggestion to make a ghost town. Especially if you intend to have any form of stealth detection in the game.

Level 11
im sure you destroy your unit group after using it in morning trigger... keep it until night trigger and then destroy it (after night trigger has ended)... i think that it wont change in that period of time, am i correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.