• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Unharvestable Trees?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I want to make a tree that is exactly the same as a normal tree in every single way EXCEPT that you can't gather wood from it. And this means it HAS to be targeted as Tree, otherwise if it is treated like Crates or Cages and other destructibles, anyone can attack it, not just peasants and siege weapons.

I thought maybe you could set a trigger that would replace peasants with identical peasants that have no harvest ability but can still attack trees when they target the type of tree that is not supposed to give wood, but destructibles apparently have a problem where it only counts the first 64 in the map for triggers. Any way to set ANYTHING up that emulates what I want?

EDIT: I guess I solved it. My 'Tree' is now a Ward, and no one but units that can normally hit trees can hit wards anymore. I wasn't using any natural wards in my game anyways.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.