• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Underground River v1.02

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
The Underground River v1.03

- 4 player melee (kinda) map
- max hero lvl 15 (with adjusted spells)
- +1 spell for all heroes
- Goblin Techies hero can be hired at the tavern :>
- Build ships from the goblin shipyards and fight for the middle island (it has a very wealthy gold mine)
- some more powerfull creeps added here and there
- orc altered in mushroom men (sorry for those who liked orcs but I like mushroom men better :D)
- and so on...

Keywords:
river, underground, boat, ship, water, mushroom
Contents

Underground River v1.02 (Map)

Reviews
17:07, 26th Feb 2009 by bounty hunter2: This is a altered melee map. However the races are bad, as well as the terrain and Object Editor work. I find this map Rejected with a 1/5 rating. You can find my full review Here.

M

17:07, 26th Feb 2009 by bounty hunter2:
This is a altered melee map. However the races are bad, as well as the terrain and Object Editor work. I find this map Rejected with a 1/5 rating.

You can find my full review Here.

Level 31
Horrible terrain, destructibles/Doodads also. Acidic Spider has too small selection scale. Some spots are protected by only one creep. Unknown map author name - violance of site rules.

- +1 spell for all heroes
All heroes you say?

What's this?

mistakeud5.jpg

And here.

mistake2ph6.jpg

Here's too.

mistake3ct5.jpg

I haven't checked all, but I suggest you to check everything carefully including by playing this map by yourself and paying attention to everything.

Also the custom race's buildings could be better, I can barely select it.
The rating of mine is between Lacking and Useful if not Unknown author name.
Hope you'll fix all the rest undiscovered mistakes of mine and update it.

Level 18
Here is my rating and comment:

Rating system

Altered Melee:
1 - 10 points go on originality
1 - 10 points go on terrain
1 - 10 points go on bug free
1 - 10 points go on gameplay/fun factor
1 - 10 points go on lag
1 - 10 points go on balance
1 - 10 points go on drops
1 - 10 points go on Object editor work
1 - 10 points go on proper submission and crediting
1 - 10 points go on scripting
1 - 10 points go on camera work
1 - 10 points go on music and or voice acting
1 - 10 points go on dialog
-------------------------------------------------
Percent Grade Status

0 - 34%
1/5 Rejected

35 - 49%
1/5 Reviewed

50 - 64%
2/5 Reviewed

65 - 79%
3/5 Approved

80 - 89%
4/5 Approved

90 - 100%
5/5 Approved

The table may vary if needed.

Originality: 3/10 X
The idea of a altered melee is interesting always, but you didn't manage to put it right. With lacking or no terrain originality and a very little race add ons, this map isn't very original at all.

Object editor work: 3/10 X
You have your hotkeys working, however you didn't put a learn hotkey for some spells, like the paladins divine thing. Also you need to set the aquisition range of NPCs to camp not to normal. Oh and the giant spiderss pathing size is akward.

Bug Free: 10/10
Runs fine.

Terrain: 2/10 X
You tried something different, but you didn't succed at it. You need a lot of improvements here, I suggest remaking it completely. Too much void space, not enough dodads, blizzard cliffs are ugly etc...

Balance: 5/10
More symetry, make the right and left side the same.

Gameplay/Fun Factor: 5/10
Well not that interesting. Yes orcs have some new units, some new heroes and stuff, but the map is huge and takes a lot of time to move around.

Drops: 5/10
Not good, some groups have 2 100% level 3 drops, use item tables.

Lag: 8/10
A bit of a long loading time.

Proper submission and crediting: 5/10
More info, images...

Conclusion

24eyv87.gif
24eyv87.gif
15phlph.gif
15phlph.gif
15phlph.gif

In overall: 46 / 90
51%
minimal 50% met.
For the hive grade: 2/5 I suggest this map for: Rejection
-------------------------------------------------
In overall a interesting altered melee that isn't that much altered and has bad terrain and is mostly boring. I was surprised to see you got 50%, but nevermind that, I must suggest this for rejection. This is just too low quality, start the map again and give it another try.
Good Luck, bounty hunter2
I might not be checking this topic for some time. If you have any questions about the review or you update the map and want me to check it again, feel free to PM me or Visitor message me at any time.