• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Undead Knight.blp

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: deepstrasz
A Death Knight skin I made for Arthas. Changed up his armor and gave him a more 'evil' look. Unfortunately, Arthas' chest wraps very strangely so it's a bit weird.

Keywords:
Arthas, Death Knight, Evil, Dark Knight, Undead
Contents

Undead Knight.blp (Texture)

Reviews
20:18, 16th Jun 2008 THE_END: cnP from somewhere, it is very obvious, and mostly a recolor. Denied

M

20:18, 16th Jun 2008
THE_END: cnP from somewhere, it is very obvious, and mostly a recolor. Denied

Level 6
Not that bad, but defiantly could be better. Trying adding a more undead aura and feel to him. War torn/damaged armor (For a soldier), for a leader more of a runic feel to the armor to emphasize the power that he should contain. Right now your armor is kinda plain.. If you really want to be creative give him a face mask (If you don't know what I mean, think of Sub Zero or Scorpion from Mortal Kombat) but with a more undead feel.

Level 24
Not that bad, but defiantly could be better. Trying adding a more undead aura and feel to him. War torn/damaged armor (For a soldier), for a leader more of a runic feel to the armor to emphasize the power that he should contain. Right now your armor is kinda plain.. If you really want to be creative give him a face mask (If you don't know what I mean, think of Sub Zero or Scorpion from Mortal Kombat) but with a more undead feel.

It should be more dead

Level 10
Just going to point this out, guys:

People don't instantly lose parts of their body when they die. I mean, my face isn't necessarily going to have chunks falling off of it as soon as I die. And it's not as if as soon as you die blood just randomly starts leaking out of orifices.

As for the skin, it's okay, but it could stand to be a bit sharper, especially with the fur on the boots and the flecks of red/black stuff, probably bloodstains, would be much better if they blended to the 'shape' of the texture underneath, instead of making it look like a flat sheet of wrappings, with next to no depth. It could do with a bit more contrast. Also, I'm not to sure about the red/pink borders to his armor. Could also do with a bit less blur on the hair, and it'd be nice to see the face entirely freehanded, as well as a bit more freehand. Otherwise, I'd say it's a decent skin, and I'm going to give it a 3, I think.

Level 7
skins_2749_preview_tn.jpg

And as I see in this skin preview,it is that of a hammer

skins_2749_screenshot_tnb.jpg

And the original one is carying a sword.

There are two Arthas models, they use the same skin. This is the one carrying Frostmourne. If you upload any Arthas skin both will have it, I chose for my preview the one with Frostmourne, as I personally think he looks better with it.

And for those saying it's not undead enough, you can just think of it as an evil knight :wink:. About freehanding the face.... I'm not very good at it, I'm currently practicing that. I don't know if other people use a mouse to skin but I'm not very accurate with it. I thought this liquified version wasn't too ugly so I went with it.

Level 17
I'm going to criticize too.

First I'll criticize the skin.

1. It lacks definition in the armor.
2. The pants are hideous, and look like the folds of a dress.
3. The hair is done Sloppy with random brush strokes in different directions. Hair doesn't go like that.
4. You gave him Black hair and Blonde Eyebrows? what the skin looks like on the portrait DOES matter.
5. You should remove all the unused bits of the skin just so it doesn't look so messy. I mean blizzard doesn't, but they made alot of these skins sloppy.
6. The face needs serious work.
7. it's blurry ,as said before.

Now I'll Criticize the criticisms.
1. All of the really bloody undead skins look like ass. Don't copy them. Having (A little bit) of dry blood (dark brownish red) on the blade is ok, having a bit of blood on fangs and claws is ok. Most other bloody implementations look like ass.
actually, for once, the above is my only real complaint about what people are saying.

insaniac and technomancer both give good advice too.

Level 24
I'm going to criticize too.

First I'll criticize the skin.

1. It lacks definition in the armor.
2. The pants are hideous, and look like the folds of a dress.
3. The hair is done Sloppy with random brush strokes in different directions. Hair doesn't go like that.
4. You gave him Black hair and Blonde Eyebrows? what the skin looks like on the portrait DOES matter.
5. You should remove all the unused bits of the skin just so it doesn't look so messy. I mean blizzard doesn't, but they made alot of these skins sloppy.
6. The face needs serious work.
7. it's blurry ,as said before.

Now I'll Criticize the criticisms.
1. All of the really bloody undead skins look like ass. Don't copy them. Having (A little bit) of dry blood (dark brownish red) on the blade is ok, having a bit of blood on fangs and claws is ok. Most other bloody implementations look like ass.
actually, for once, the above is my only real complaint about what people are saying.

insaniac and technomancer both give good advice too.

Thats a good way of criticism

Anyway,I'll give you the most simple change to do on him,make his skin a bit darker,make his armor a combination of blue and black ,add a touch of bones on his body or face and erase his eyes to make them blight.

Currently it looks more like a 7 sea pirate.But change his appereance as I said and it will be great.

Level 7
. You gave him Black hair and Blonde Eyebrows? what the skin looks like on the portrait DOES matter.

Those eyebrows are alpha'd out, as with them Arthas looks like he has down syndrome or something. As you can see in the screenshot there are no blonde eyebrows to be seen.