• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Undead-ier Death Knight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
I just noticed that the Death Knight skins here are lacking a sense of "fall-off-the-bone" undeadness. So, I thought I'd creat a more undead-like death knight.
Extremely Very Amazingly EARLY WIP Stage.

EDIT: Updated, finished the face... for now! DUN DUN DUN.

Update: Finished hair, belt (and buckle), and working on legs. I need critique because there's always room for improvement.

Last edited:
Level 10
Elfsilver Lord, quite honestly, I don't need your opinion on my concept so you can fuck off. Besides that, I know the hair is terrible and I remade it.

@THE_END ok... I'll keep that in mind when I make the rest of him, but I wanted him to be different from all the other Death Knights. I kinda wanted to make him undead since he's in the undead category... more part of the scourge and not just "corrupted" by some mysterious force that then makes him undead lol I'm planning on making the rest of him plate and i might even try to make his hair into a cowl if i can work around the wrap.

EDIT: look at this. this has a picture of the look I'm talking about. I also updated the face because ingame it just looked odd.

EDIT Again: what do you think about me adding a rib cage to his armor?... like having it go along the center of his armor and then put plate behind it

Level 2
Im not gonna lie, his face looks like he tryed to snot rocket with his hand right over his nose and mouth. Simply, the green globs on his face looks like boogers.

Level 2
A) They are tan
B) I fixed it a little since the last picture
C) CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM ONLY! Jesus Christ... some people must just have been born wrong to be THAT thickskulled!
Dude, if i tell you all the things i think is wrong, then maybe you can fix them! THIS IS CONSTRUCTIVE!!!! and..... tan or not, they look like boogers. Can u post the newer pic? it would help.:grin:

Level 14
Alright. I understand the concept of this skin. I think it's a good one. I always didn't like that they made him a corrupted paladin instead of undead, yet he was still in the undead category. ANYWAY, on the topic of the yellowish stuff around his teeth/face. The change isn't going to be terribly noticeable in-game. I know what you're trying to do, but it's not going to work all that well. Maybe try having something like the Abomination and have flesh/blood showing in the face, thus making it more zombie like. And if you're going for the picture that you linked, try making it a different color, more blueish/whiteish and not so purpleish. I honestly would love to see this skin finished, and I think you're doing a fine job, you just need a little more work on the face, from what I see. Though if you've updated it since your last post, I would love to see that :)
+rep for doing something unique.

Level 10
Baaad news. GIMP friggin shut unexpectedly and I had nothing of the work I've done all day.... tho since I've had this major setback I guess I'll work on the face even more since I'd have to redo it anyways. Also, thanks Arvedui--- your comment is perfect! I would rep you but it would be blank :Op

Level 10
no problem.... i realized a couple things about my sskin that I had done wrong and now I kept going.... i'm in the process of fixing his face.... I'm going to show his whole mouth area as bone and then a little of his jaw bone exposed. I also tinted his skin a lot more blue since I'm going for an icy chill look. Also @ the guy who posted the thing about death knights being "corrupted paladin" that is not so true as the first death knight was a corrupted Shaman.

Level 14
Well when you have that done or like what you see, post the picture cause I'd like to see how you're doing :)

Level 10
Here's the newest update.

Also @ Atheism-- please get a life besides eating cheetos and EDIT- Youre not worth getting -repped over.. this should help you

Attachments

• arthas.jpg
    arthas.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 199
Level 10
Another update... tell me what you think of the chest design so far. And yes I know it's not the shape of chest muscles, it's not s'posed to be, it's a completely different design.... it's a surprise. I need comments on the legs and boots, i had a bit of trouble with ideas for those. tell me what you think of the face... it looks really good ingame, but I'm too lazy to get an ingame yet.

Attachments

• arthas3.jpg
    arthas3.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 141
Level 10
OK, it's finished!

Well, sorta. Of course, I'll have to tweak it a bit. I'm not quite sure how to make the bone look like it's under and not over, if I could get some help with that, it'd be great. But, here's an in-game of my first completed skin: Frozen Runemaster of Undeath.

attachment.php

Here's the unwrap:
attachment.php

100% Freehand. Except for the Hammer of course. I just did a quick recolor of it for somebody who got a hair up their ass and wanted the Runemaster to use a hammer.

Attachments

• arthas4.jpg
    arthas4.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 215
  • FRUSS.jpg
    FRUSS.jpg
    231 KB · Views: 351
Level 10
well, I like the hood, so the hood stays, but I don't get what you mean by, the face looks like it's done in MS paint. If you can recreate that face I made in MS Paint then I'd give you my life's savings. Also, I don't know what looks blurry and undefined so there's not much I can do about it if you don't say which parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.