• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Import] Undead Build Animation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know how to import .blp and .w3x files, but in the interface, I cant seem to find where to find the undead build animation file.

Download the model, import it using "Import Manager" (F12) located in the World Editor. Set the correct path, in this case if you want to replace undead birth - "SharedModels\UBirth.mdx" without quotes. Save the map (CTRL+S), done!

Level 3
A Void, you're not being very helpful..... I have imported hundreds of models, so I know how to import models. I've also imported icons, and I know how to make those show up in game. The thing I cannot find is where to place the animation for the Undead animation. I've gone through the "Game Interface" I don't know how many times, but the Undead birth file is not on the list.

Import the model, replace the war3imported\bla bla bla.mdx with this:
SharedModels\UBirth.mdx

It will OVERRIDE the default model. Just like when importing skins to the game, they override the default skins.

I already told him that. You just repeated it. I don't understand what is wrong with people these days.

Level 25
Just trying to help the guy. Not steal some credit of sorts.

@Xlainvous

Xlainvous said:
I am having a hard time with this, I am not understanding what im missing, the spot for the undead birth animation is not on the game interface list. Thats why it seems like im being stubborn, or not listening. what is the prefix of the main file (ex. Icon, Model, Image......), that would help me narrow it down

1. Import your model
0.JPG

2. Double click it. Set the path to SharedModels\UBirth.mdx
1.JPG

3. Press enter. That's it!
2.JPG

Ok, but testing is easier said than done. My game hates to open, it always tells me that my DirectX is out of date, and that I need a disc when my game is a digital download. But again, thanks

So... you can't open your game? You can't update your drivers and software? What kind of a patch are you using? Testing is easier than saying it I'm afraid, you got it wrong.

Level 3
I can play the game, sometimes. But whenever I import something big, the game doesn't like to open up, and tells me my DirectX is out of date, even though it require v.8 and I have v.11, and with it requiring a disc. And yes I have asked for help, and nothing worked.

I can play the game, sometimes. But whenever I import something big, the game doesn't like to open up, and tells me my DirectX is out of date, even though it require v.8 and I have v.11, and with it requiring a disc. And yes I have asked for help, and nothing worked.

As I've said a computer can't do this by himself, it must be something you are doing/did. You should update Windows by enabling Windows Updates, if this fails- contact Microsoft otherwise Re-install System. It is also very important that you have some sort of Anti-Virus tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.