• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Locking a Undead Building in building animation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey people,

My question is pretty much the same as the title.
How can I make sure that a undead building keeps looking like being summoned while being completed as a building?

I as this because I really like the animation of the undead building models being build and want to use it as a unholy pit of some sorts where the player can train units.

Level 2
I tried that, but then it will just become a blighted spot on the ground.

I want it look like this:
warcraft-iii-reign-of-chaos-20040902023920421.jpg

But when its finished building while giving them the model: SharedModels\UBirth.mdl
It wil just become a plain spot on the position of the buidling.

What I want is that it keeps looking like when being summoned even when its finished.

Also can this be achieved without using triggers?
because replaying the building animation over and over again looks doomed to lagg a lot.

Level 5
This works for me:

Build
Events
Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
Conditions
Actions
Animation - Play Ziggurat 0012 <gen>'s birth animation

Level 11
Looks like your problem is solved already, but just a tip... Use higher number in the periodic event, to avoid lagging... Birth animations play in a long time so you don't have to use 1 second periodic event... You can also change the unit's animation speed, make it slower using a trigger. And use pick every units then play their Birth animation.

Status
Not open for further replies.