• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Undead Assassin Sword

Another attachment! It's the little cousin of my first approved model Undead Dark Sword. Made for undead and nerubian models primarly, but can also fit into orcs and other races. Made it for an undead model, but that model needs some changes and the sword may be usefull as an attachment itself. Have fun with it and feel free to use/edit it!

UPDATE 1: a few minor changes done. Gargoyle-wings cover both sides now.

Keywords:
undead assassin weapon, blade, sword, attachment, evil, darkness,
Contents

Undead Assassin Sword (Model)

Reviews
20:46, 20th Sep 2011 DonDustin: a useful attachment

M

20:46, 20th Sep 2011
DonDustin: a useful attachment

Level 16
O.O Mmm... Ok I think this one deserves a 2.5/5, I mean as I see, it hasn't got any detail that I would describe like "estetic", the blade is a kind of "leaf" and it hasn't got any impressive detail.

I can vote it for aproval, but I wouldn't use this in none of my maps...

Im not going to rate this now, because I'm sure you still can do something for it...

O.O Mmm... Ok I think this one deserves a 2.5/5, I mean as I see, it hasn't got any detail that I would describe like "estetic", the blade is a kind of "leaf" and it hasn't got any impressive detail.

I can vote it for aproval, but I wouldn't use this in none of my maps...

Im not going to rate this now, because I'm sure you still can do something for it...

well, it is more fitting for simpler maps, that's true. I usually don't make many details in attachments to keep filesize @ a minimum. I know, therefor the models lack in quality but still can be used. It is intented 2 be used in maps and campaigns that contain 90% ingame stuff and just a few minor imported things for making them look a bit unusual. I myself would rate it as a 1,5-2/5, but the usefulness could somelike be 5/10. I also uploaded it for guys that want to merge it with one of their models and not simply use it as an attachment ingame via trigger.

Level 16
well, it is more fitting for simpler maps, that's true. I usually don't make many details in attachments to keep filesize @ a minimum. I know, therefor the models lack in quality but still can be used. It is intented 2 be used in maps and campaigns that contain 90% ingame stuff and just a few minor imported things for making them look a bit unusual. I myself would rate it as a 1,5-2/5, but the usefulness could somelike be 5/10. I also uploaded it for guys that want to merge it with one of their models and not simply use it as an attachment ingame via trigger.

Nothing to say... 2/5

The main problem with this is that it looks like random pieces stuck together (which it is). You have to make better transition from one part of the sword to the next, so that it looks like one sword. At the moment, the first thing you think of when you see it is pieces stuck together like legos.
Maybe do a few things such as:
Make the handle thicker
Lower the vertex at the end of the blade (at the moment it looks like it got bent unnaturally from a bad bump)
Rotate the gargoyle wings about 2-5 degrees counter-clockwise, and raise them slightly, so that the vertex of the corner in the middle between the wings lines up with the center of the hilt (and handle)
I've made plenty of good-looking attachments with file sizes of only 2kb, some as high as 8 kb, which is still very low. Making a good attachment doesn't require use of custom textures or enormous poly counts; it simply requires that you spend time lining everything up to look good.
For now I give this a 2/5, but I'll raise my rating when you improve it.

Level 16
I've made plenty of good-looking attachments with file sizes of only 2kb, some as high as 8 kb, which is still very low. Making a good attachment doesn't require use of custom textures or enormous poly counts; it simply requires that you spend time lining everything up to look good.
For now I give this a 2/5, but I'll raise my rating when you improve it.

Agree...

Level 2
Anyway, there are a few weapon ideas I have not seen that anyone would have done it. If you want to write to me to know that I would be interested in the idea. Happy to share with everyone.:)