• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Undead Arena - My first map to be released!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Soo-o, Seems like my RPG-Project was to much for me, so i decided to make lot's of smaller and easier project, The Undead Arena. Generally, The idea of this map at first hand is to choose one of all-custom heroes, Pick items & Potions, And fight masses of undead units ending up with a boss each round that got's Triggered AI Responding to the happenings of the battlefield + The bosses have 3-4 Own abilities that are used on battle, so you can't just stand otherwise you're dead ;) Let's see, Let's see... This is only for one player at first, But if this map get's any positive commets / anyone thinks it's worth playing, i might create more features and make it usable in B-net.

As for classes, I have done 'Liquid Mage' And halfly 'Night Assassin', All with flashy and unique abilities, None of them are original Wc III Spells nor Original wc III Spells that are just modified a bit, Of corse i have used some original aura's, Kinda hard to make auras with channel ;) But, i captured few pictures while testing the newest skills;

Picture #1

Picture #2

So, The first one is Night Assassin's 'Shadow Blink'. This ability creates 2 Illusions of Night Assasins to the sides of the caster and in blink of an eye those two illusions slash the targed unit dealing damage ranging from 55 - 95 etc. And, The second one is the ultimate of the 'Liquid Mage' It was hard to get a good picture, but he's ultimate creates snowy storm, as you can see from the terrain, it has changed temporarly. But the spell Deals 45 Damage every 3 seconds for 30 seconds, and slows all the units movement speed in range of 1500 of the caster. There are about 8 Spells in total at the moment, and 2 heroes, one ready and one on the halfway, But i hope i have the patience to atleast finish this.

*More pic's and updates coming soon. Im taking any advices / suggestions gladly

Im taking ideas for Night Elf Heroes ! x) Saves a lot of work.

Attachments

• warcraftduhcakecscreenyms0.gif
    warcraftduhcakecscreenyms0.gif
    375.4 KB · Views: 426
  • seedofnatureduhcakecmk3.gif
    seedofnatureduhcakecmk3.gif
    401.1 KB · Views: 351
  • seedofnaturetreantduhcaqw4.gif
    seedofnaturetreantduhcaqw4.gif
    429.5 KB · Views: 334
  • sacrificeofnatureduhcaknw3.gif
    sacrificeofnatureduhcaknw3.gif
    433.8 KB · Views: 265
  • sacrificeofnatureowlmiswq3.gif
    sacrificeofnatureowlmiswq3.gif
    428.3 KB · Views: 307
  • sacrificeofnatureimpactit3.gif
    sacrificeofnatureimpactit3.gif
    432.5 KB · Views: 250
  • undeadarenaduhcakeonewq4.gif
    undeadarenaduhcakeonewq4.gif
    320.7 KB · Views: 242
  • undeadarenaduhcaketwokf9.gif
    undeadarenaduhcaketwokf9.gif
    423.1 KB · Views: 236
Last edited:
Level 7
*Bumb, 4 Heroes done at the moment, And i need ideas for the first boss as he's minions are ''Acolytes'', What should be fitting model to boss of the acolytes, and what kind of abilites would he posses? ;]

Level 7
Well yesh, i dunno how should i improve the terrain when the playing area is so small o_O... But ill figure out something.

Level 7
Bump*Again* I came upon an idea to make this map even more interesting, There would be like 4 races, Night elf, Human, Undead, Orc. And there would be 4 arenas depending on the race you choose. For example, if you choose orc, you will choose custom orc-hero, and you face human opponents. Orc -> Human, Human -> Orc. Night elf -> Undead, Undead -> Night elf, And there would be teams of 3 / 4, each on one of the races, And you would face all the opposite side players after beating all the 10 rounds concluding the winner by the race the defeats all the heroes in final matchup, Does it sound any good? ;)

Level 7
Well, sure but... Dunno How should i terrain an arena... It's like symmetric box so it can't look very natural by any means.

Level 7
Well, i think i found a good boss model :) Wraith Lord
Spells:
Dark Void
The Wraith Lord creates a portal into the Void, and demonic energies comes out, hitting nearby foes.
Minion Offer
Turns one of the acolytes into an evil, hungry monster.
Torment
Traps an enemy and torturing it, very badly.
Ultimate - Dark Stomp
The Wraith Lord stomps, pushing all foes back and dealing good damage to them.

Level 7
Yap, I think ill create something like that for the first boss, But yesh, i might request some terraining help when im on it, I need some ideas first =p, I think ill throw the Orc, Night Elf, Human, Undead idea to the bin, And stay on the Undead theme, Because making allcustom bosses and heroes for 10 rounds and about 15 heroes. The thing i need to know is how should i create the actual rounds, Im kinda lost with it, Cause i think that if there are like 15 Smaller mobs w/o abilities, but suddenly when they're dead there would be boss with multiple abilities... Doesn't sound cool because when you're fighting mobs with just normal attack, You likely need to stand still, But when fighting bos you gotta almost like hit & run cause of he's abilities.. Any ideas? =)

Level 7
Hmmh... Well That's Blight... I thought it woulda fit undead map alone.. What do you suggest?

Level 15
I think you should change some of the trees. The red ground + black trees looks wierd.

Red tiles: Outland Trees
Blight: Northrend Dead trees
Grass: Lordaeron Trees
Dark/thick grass: Ashenvale/felwood trees

That often work.

Also, while making descriptions:

Hold CTRL down while pressing enter, will make a |n appear in your text. |n means "New line"

"Dude i am so fucking|n cool cause i am"
will look like
"Dude i am so fucking
[space]cool cause i am"

Last edited:
Level 7
That's actually black-citadel blight xD Is there any way to change my tile variatons so that i would have the oirignal Darkgreen blight? Because the Black-Citadel blight is red as shown in that pic..xD Oops yeah gotcha, Thanks Sausage =D

Level 7
Boo-whee, First boss's done, With 13 Abilities total x) ( Well yeah, They are all triggered abilities, None of em are like ''Abilities'', They have certain chance of coming out during the battle ), Now i need to make quality AI so he can react on everything that occurs on the battlefield, Oh, Btw 10 Heroes done, And i think they're all nice to play with. Cheers ;]

Level 7
I decided to make video of the skills that cannot be pictured easily, But can i actually thumbail or add an video directly to this post if i use fraps to record it?

Level 7
I guess i'll make the video later, Tho i have only made 10 heroes so far, I decided to create the whole map now, And after that continue creating the heroes / Release. But i need theme music fitting an undead map! None of the warcraft's orignals fit... Suggestions? D:

Level 7
Okay, Sausage :p I made ''Playlist'' to this map, With all the undead themes & some other songs that player can choose via typing command ''Undead - 1'' Etc Or he can turn all the musics off. X1 & 1,2,3, Lich King, Storm Earth & Fire Etc are included :razz:

Level 7
Update: Im getting new gaming CPU in few day's (Monday or so), So this map will be delayed a bit, But i may release an Demo-map with 1st round and 1-2 Heroes, If anyone is interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.