• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

UnControlability And Cost Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I have some weird unexplainable bugs with my new map (RoC only!):

1. Uncontrolability
The Trigger:
I need triggers that make you unable to control certain units of yours.
When testing it worked perfectly well with this trigger:
Player Selects Unit --> Unit is summoned --> Change Owner to Neutral, Change Owner to Player, ( <-- to deselect, i can't trigger deselection in RoC) Send Unit where it's supposed to run depending on where it ran before, wait 0.01 sec, Send Unit where it's supposed to run depending on where it ran before (Two times for even less contolability)
Whenever I clicked a unit and sent it somewhere, it only did a quick turn and then ran its path again.
The BUG:
When playing this in multiplayer (not test map), others can quite good control my units.
I was Player 1 and I couldn't contol them, but player 2 could after a few tries even stop them.. We switched positions (me player 2 him player 1) but still the same, he can control, I can't.
How to help me:
If you know something about this bug, help me solve it, if not, tell me a different possibility to make your own(!) units uncontrolable in RoC(!)

2. Wood Cost
The Situation:
My units don't need lumber to build. They did not while testing the map.
The BUG:
When not testing the map, but playing it in the b-net, some units do cost lumber in a value that I can not even find anywhere on the unit. (especially not Lumber Cost)
How to help me:
Tell me why the hell they only cost lumber when I am playing it in multiplayer and how the hell to fix it!

Thanks!

Level 2
For the second question, have you reduced the repair lumber cost too?

I can't change it in RoC, but i also thought of it.
1. Lumber repair cost has always been 0.
2. That still wouldn't explain why they don't cost Lumber when testing, but do cost lumber when playing in b-net...

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Problem 1, you can also control them, just you must control them in the same way as the other guy was. Due to net traffic, you will find that whoever is not hosting the map gets extra delay between selection responses and orders. There is no real way for unselectable units next to giving them to different players who do not share control. In Starcraft II however you can do this very easilly. As a comprimise, try canceling any orders a player gives the units, so even though they are selectable the orders will result in them returning to their normal order. This needs the use of a 0 duration timer.

Problem 2 is caused by an intigrity error with your data. It is clear that some patch is overwriting the changes made in your editor so units that should not cost lumber are costing lumber (probably numbers close to their melee cost). Try setting the map dependiency to the lattest WC3 patch and updating the lumber values.

Status
Not open for further replies.