• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Unable to attack allied units...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
So i need the system, like in DotA, thats makes your hero unattackable for your allies, well i can do this system myself, but i need to know hot it's made that i cannot attack allied, i know it doesn't uses action Force UI key. I can't remember but i guess a read somewhere that when you attack allied unit a wall is spawned between you and attacked unit, and you unit cannot reach it. For now I'm using ability Hardened Skin, i add to my creeps, but i still can kill them when i attack them 4 or 5 times per second. So i need to know what is the concept of this "allied" system. Anyone knows??

Level 16
Moin moin =)

You mean something like that:
JASS:
function AntiAttack takes nothing returns nothing
    if IsUnitAlly(GetTriggerUnit(),GetOwningPlayer(GetAttacker())) == true then
        if GetUnitState(GetTriggerUnit(),UNIT_STATE_LIFE) > (GetUnitState(GetTriggerUnit(),UNIT_STATE_MAX_LIFE) * 0.05) then
            call IssueImmediateOrder(GetAttacker(),"stop")
        endif
    endif
endfunction

function InitTrig_AntiAttack takes nothing returns nothing
    local integer i = 0
    set gg_trg_AntiAttack = CreateTrigger(  )
    loop
        exitwhen i == bj_MAX_PLAYER_SLOTS
        call TriggerRegisterPlayerUnitEvent(gg_trg_AntiAttack,Player(i),EVENT_PLAYER_UNIT_ATTACKED,null)
        set i = i + 1
    endloop
    call TriggerAddAction(gg_trg_AntiAttack,function AntiAttack)
endfunction

Greetings and Peace
Dr. Boom

Level 2
Create a new trigger, name it 'AntiAttack' and switch it to custom text (Edit->Convert to text...or so) and paste the code there; Done.

hope that helped

Level 12
Actually i already mentioned that i used those kinds of staff, such as Force UI key. And it doesn't work properly, i need just like in DotA, but i don't know how it was made.
Edit: gormed i know that i should name trigger AntiAttack and i of cousre know hot to convert i'm just wondering if i need just code? +rep and to Dr.Boom if can))

Level 2
Just wanted to help ;) sry if i underestimated your skill!

Here is how i tried it:

JASS:
function Trig_PreventTeamkills_Conditions takes nothing returns boolean
    if ( not ( GetIssuedOrderIdBJ() == String2OrderIdBJ("attack") ) ) then
        return false
    endif

if not ( IsUnitAlly(GetOrderedUnit(), GetOwningPlayer(GetOrderTargetUnit())) == true ) then
        return false
    endif

if (GetUnitLifePercent(GetOrderTargetUnit()) < 10) then
        return false
    endif

return true
endfunction

function Trig_PreventTeamkills_Actions takes nothing returns nothing
    call IssueTargetOrderBJ( GetOrderedUnit(), "move", GetOrderTargetUnit() )
endfunction

//===========================================================================
function InitTrig_PreventTeamkills takes nothing returns nothing
    set gg_trg_PreventTeamkills = CreateTrigger(  )
    call TriggerRegisterAnyUnitEventBJ( gg_trg_PreventTeamkills, EVENT_PLAYER_UNIT_ISSUED_TARGET_ORDER )
    call TriggerAddCondition( gg_trg_PreventTeamkills, Condition( function Trig_PreventTeamkills_Conditions ) )
    call TriggerAddAction( gg_trg_PreventTeamkills, function Trig_PreventTeamkills_Actions )
endfunction

well, register it for every player, this is the lazy version^^

EDIT: tested and works, you can deny a player under 10 percent HP (like in dota, i think)

Last edited:
Level 16
Moin moin =)

For real @ gormed: I don't would use that, because it's just converted to Jass and it has to many leaks. And for fixing all that, your trigger is longer then mine^^

@Stanley: You just need to create a trigger named AntiAttack and copy my Jass Trigger into it ( after you convert the GUI to Jass
( Edit > Convert to Custom Text ))

@-Kobas-: Attacked Unit = Triggering Unit and with your trigger, you can't deny the creeps, if he want the same system like dota, but at all this is the base AntiAttack trigger =)

Hmm longer time ago, that I created a trigger in GUI, I hope that this is correct:
  • AntiAttack
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • ((Attacking unit) belongs to an ally of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Life of (Triggering unit)) Greater than or equal to ((Max life of (Triggering unit)) x 0.05)
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Order (Attacking unit) to Stop
        • Else - Actions
Edit: Ok I use 5% I don't know the rate of dota 5% or 10% or whatever, but shit dota, make your own way =P

Greetings and Peace
Dr. Boom

Level 12
Well, thank you guys. Testing now...
Edit:
JASS:
function AntiAttack takes nothing returns nothing
    if IsUnitAlly(GetTriggerUnit(),GetOwningPlayer(GetAttacker())) == true then
        if GetUnitState(GetTriggerUnit(),UNIT_STATE_LIFE) > (GetUnitState(GetTriggerUnit(),UNIT_STATE_MAX_LIFE) * 0.05) then
            call IssueImmediateOrder(GetAttacker(),"stop")
        endif
    endif
endfunction

function InitTrig_AntiAttack takes nothing returns nothing
    local integer i = 0
    set gg_trg_AntiAttack = CreateTrigger(  )
    loop
        exitwhen i == bj_MAX_PLAYER_SLOTS
        call TriggerRegisterPlayerUnitEvent(gg_trg_AntiAttack,Player(i),EVENT_PLAYER_UNIT_ATTACKED,null)
        set i = i + 1
    endloop
    call TriggerAddAction(gg_trg_AntiAttack,function AntiAttack)
endfunction
This code worked well, +rep to Dr. Boom, but later now i can't)

Status
Not open for further replies.