• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

UI Skinning Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is senseless arguing.
Avator. if he wants to approve this and if he thinks it will be successful, then he can go ahead. its not your decision to make.

Pyritie. Please consider the fact that so many people don't have the time nor the patience to create a UI. so this contest may not be as successful as some people plan. we may only have 2 or 3 entries at most. But I kind of agree that it would be good to have.

Level 17
If Avator would not flame this thread to dead we might actually get some participants, currently his ugly posts are scaring shit shit out of everybody.

We could also just make this a paired skinning contest or whatever. Or perhaps a group skinning contest.
We had contests like this all around graphic school.

Anyway, I stand by my opinion that Avator has cursed this thread with his bad karma. Good day sir.

Level 17
At first I was going to be nice, then I removed that and then decided to curse the shit out of you. Then I removed that aswell because a troll like you is not worthy.

Just go away Avator? There is no need for you to keep spamming/trolling this thread.
Just because you don't like something, does not mean others don't have to like it.

Good day sir.

Edit: My last post was actually a joke, but trolls don't understand jokes so it was a wasted attempt.

Level 18
Then make your UI already, because there won't come a contest for it. If you still don't understand why this shouldn't be hosted, try reading some of my posts again. Most of them explain (again and again) why this is a terrible idea and why Pyritie makes himself look like an idiot in here.

Level 18
It's up to the fact that only 2 participants in a contest make it a challenge, not a contest and therefor it can't be hosted as a contest.

Also, if crazed wouldn't keep saying that this contest should be hosted, I wouldn't have to keep saying that it's not an option. It's very simply, really.

Level 17
Well, I say this contest will be hosted.

Also I can't find a good "Overruled!" picture.

128697293884729492.jpg

Should do it for now.

Level 5
Anyways, this avator fellow is being quite rude and belligerent, but a part of what he's saying isn't completely wrong. This is a daunting contest and I don't think it'll get a lot of completed entries just because of the level of work required to complete an entry. Sure, you could get a lot of awful entries that are thrown together in a day, but even that's not particularly likely.

I guess my point is that this type of contest, by definition, could be called a success with even just a few (3) entries. You don't need 10 entries for it to be a success, like a spell contest would. Honestly, go for hosting it, see what you get out of it; it's a worthy contest premise. Just promise me that someone will punch avator real hard if it ends up with 3~ entries and he goes "LOL I TULD U SO OLOLOLOL."

Level 18
I'll just take that as a compliment, since all the insults aren't going to be true after all. Let's get the facts all together:
1) We have 2 contestants and 1 that only joins out of pity.
2) We all know big contests fail in the end no matter how many people say they join in. The Cinematic Contest already seems to be on the edge of failure, so this contest has no chance.
3) There's been 6 pages with 90% spam and pointless discussion about whether or not this is worth the hosting, which leaves less then 10 posts that seriously matter.
4) We have 1 disappointed host who can't accept his idea is a bad one, 1 pissed global mod who wants to host it and 1 global mod that does not want to have it hosted.

These are 4 facts to prove that it's going to be a failure and this is no more then an act to desperately try to prove that you were right. You know I'm only going to shove it in your face twice as hard when this is over.

3) There's been 6 pages with 90% spam and pointless discussion about whether or not this is worth the hosting, which leaves less then 10 posts that seriously matter.
Yeah, and look at whose fault it is
4) We have 1 disappointed host who can't accept his idea is a bad one, 1 pissed global mod who wants to host it and 1 global mod that does not want to have it hosted.
I'm not pissed

I think I'll close this for now since this discussion isn't going anywhere.

The Panda

Icon Reviewer
Level 57
Another Contest Idea!

Ive been wondering about this for awhile now, can we have an "User Interface" Contest? It would be very helpful to others in need of them and it would be an awesome contest theme. Also, i believe this particular contest has not been hosted yet? Sorry if im wrong or not, But i would love to host there very first contest of this theme and it would be very helpful too others in need of it. I know alot may not know what "User Interface" is and may not know how to make them, so here is some examples of past interfaces that have been submitted.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...entorycover-blp-121512/?prev=d=list&r=20&t=30
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...icatorframe-blp-121513/?prev=d=list&r=20&t=30
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/skins-552/humanuitile04-blp-121511/?prev=d=list&r=20&t=30
These may seem very well detailed but these are just some examples too show you what i mean.

NOTICE: I haven't made up a theme yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.