• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Two questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi,

Im working in a TAG for Warcraft III : Reign of Chaos.

I have two questions for you :

1)In my map, there is a lot of mine.All mines have 12500, but i need for each mine 999999 gold.How to change the amount of gold in each gold mine ???

2)I saw there is models for Warcraft III !!!And skins !!!But can I use it in the first Warcraft III ?

Bye :wink:

Level 5
I can answer to your first question, but I can't answer to the second one...sorry!

-When you are in editor, double click on the gold mine
-New window will apear! In this window, you can set ammount of gold in your gold mine.

GOOD LUCK!

Level 8
I'm not aware of any difference in the standards of the models for RoC and TFT. You should be able to use anything in RoC. However, you have to import them with an external archive program like WinMPQ, because RoC didn't have an Import Editor.

Level 2
Hi and thanks for reply :D

Red Lord => Thanks !!! It's work !
Panto => Thanks !!! But i have tried to import an unit with WE Unlimited.I clicked on EDIT map, selected RecreTAG.w3m, and chose Imported File.Then, i clicked on ADD import files.The soft asked me Path when files are imported.I kept it in \Units\ (by default).I added files (I downloaded Commander files) and imported the 3 files (blp and 2 mdx).

When i use the World Editor, i can't use the new model !!!

Can you help me ?

Level 8
Models refer to their skins by a very specific path. You need to find out what path the skins should be at and import them there, instead.

Frequently, downloaded models tell you what paths to use for their skins. Otherwise, you can convert the models to .mdl with Yobguls and use Notepad to open them, in order to get the path.

Level 2
Ok :

When I put new units (no path) and I try to make a personalized unit with models (Commando.mdl and Commando.tga) I have no model in the game.World Editor delete Model when I save my map.

When I make a personalized unit, I save my map and I put, with PowerMPQ or WinMPQ,my models files, the game don't show the models !I don't know how to have a new model.It's possible ?

Thanks

(I have converted Mdx and blp to Mdl and tga with Yobuguls file converter)

EDIT : I haven't tried to open my mdl with Notepad.

When I open Commando.mdl, I have this file names :

Textures 12 {
Bitmap {
Image "Commando.blp",
}
Bitmap {
Image "Commando.blp",
ReplaceableId 1,
}
Bitmap {
Image "Commando.blp",
ReplaceableId 2,
}
Bitmap {
Image "Commando.blp",
}
Bitmap {
Image "Textures\Shadow.blp",
}
Bitmap {
Image "Textures\Dust5ABlack.blp",
}
Bitmap {
Image "Commando.blp",
}
Bitmap {
Image "Textures\Clouds8x8Mod.blp",
}
Bitmap {
Image "Textures\Clouds8x8FadeWhite.blp",
}
Bitmap {
Image "m16.blp",
}
Bitmap {
Image "Commando.blp",
}
Bitmap {
Image "Commando.blp",
}
}

And when I open Commando_portrait.mdl :

Bitmap {
Image "",
ReplaceableId 2,
}
Bitmap {
Image "Commando.blp",
}
Bitmap {
Image "Commando.blp",
}
Bitmap {
Image "Commando.blp",
}
}

I think I have to put in the model name in World Editor, Commando_portrait and not Commando.mdl ?

Because there is a link from commando_portrait.mdl to commando.mdl, but not from commando.mdl to commando_portrait.If I write on path commando.mdl, the file commando_portrait will not be used.

Level 25
Seeing as this is MY area of expertise, I'll fill you in

Warcraft 3 can only read mdx and blp files. The purpose of making it a mdl file is so you can open it and see what textures it uses. Some of the textures are already ingame, so you will only need to import a few of them

Level 2
Hi,

I imported the model Legolas, in format mdl : WORKS FINE !!! I have Legolas in my GAME !!!!

I think commando model have a very big problem.

Thanks all !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.