• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Twisted v.1.0 Map Template

Reactions: PashaFenko036
a pretty complete map template that is yours to alter in any way, cept for adding me in the credits is all. it has kind of a good guy side in the south west corner and across the complete north side is an obvious bad guy side. i put some weird twisted thingy in the middle you can get rid of if you want, i just was bored.

but feel free to change it up, turn it into a orpg, or whatevr!

UPDATE NO.1
okay just to make those chumps happy i added onto the base landscape, put critters in, and a bunch of that crap.
happy now?
Contents

Twisted v.1.0 Map Template (Map)

Reviews
11:45, 18th Sep 2008 Septimus: This template quality is quite poor and I would provide the reason for it. 1st, there is 1 big empty space at the south east of the map and it is totally flat. Which also mean you are a lazy bum that create this map...

M

11:45, 18th Sep 2008
Septimus: This template quality is quite poor and I would provide the reason for it.

1st, there is 1 big empty space at the south east of the map and it is totally flat. Which also mean you are a lazy bum that create this map in a rush.
2nd, Not even a single critter could be seen such as rabbit or neither stag, it failed to give a feeling of a environment for it.
3rd, you hardly use other type of destructible/doodad such as flower or weed to make it look more life like.

This map is at the edge of rejection, but it seems could be useful if somebody want to use it. But, I recommend the person to slightly edit the terrain if they wish to use this template.

Level 2
The terrain is a bit bumpier than is really necessary, and could use a repainting, but apart from that, this is pretty good, I don't know why Septimus hates it so much.
Keep trying though, 3/5

Level 6
like i said, i did add a bunch of stuff in there, and ive seen the other map templates people upload on to hiveworkshop and i can say affirmitivly that this, even if it wasnt mine, is by far WAY better than at least 3/4 of the map templates on this site.

by the way, the twisted thing in the middle is meant for no actual purpose at all, it is simply a little design, feel free to go over it, or whatever you want.

ive also changed some things in the games data as well, however, only minor changes i do feel i should state them for some people may question.... what i changed wasnt merely the tileset to a custom set, but also the size to which trees grow and i differed their colors slightly. ive done things like that with several doodads.

(remember to NOT get rid any creditory parts of text that ive typed in anywhere, i'd still like to have some credit at least.)

Level 31
Not many people focus at making template since template is for editor who are not good in making terrain. To make a good template, effort is needed which I failed to see it in this map.

In addition, 3/4 of the template here is badly develop cause usually it been develop by amateur. If you want to see a godly make terrain, you should go to the gallery section at forum.

And most people prefer to create a melee map instead of template cause melee map is playable instead of template. Also the main question is, how many people would be using your template to create map ? That is why hardly anybody design a template.

The main reason why I dislike this map have been mention at mod review and also because I feel it been created in such a rush and almost serve no purpose function to create any type of map such as rpg or neither cinematic. A template that have been design properly does no longer need to be edited especially the terrain, all it need is just adding some trigger and custom unit to make it playable.

Level 8
I find that this is a nice template. obviously Septimus doesnt understand the idea of a template. A template is just a basic terrain idea, which is designed to be editted in any way, and is for people who dont want to spend a long time terraining. adding units and triggers defeats the point of the template, as people will have to find every unit, remove them, remove every trigger. that would take about 20 mins on a map this size (depending if there are units hiding behind trees). I personally dont want to waste 20 mins removing stuff. I want that 20 mins to add stuff. but overall, nice terrain/map, bit small though to make it into an ORPG. remake this on a larger map, make a few more adjustments and I'd rate this a 5/5. but for now its 4/5.

Level 2
This goes to Septimus. Yes templates are for editors that cannot make a terrain but ppl do use them for maps. I plan on making this into something that could become a big project. But since there's no screens yet i will have to see it for myself. I was planning on making a campaign with a storyline that i have never seen before on any site that has warcraft maps for download. But i cant make a map to save my life, so i rlly hope ppl make more templates because if i make my own maps the campaign isnt gonna be so good. And if this template isnt so good then just edit it a lil to suit your needs for whatever it is you are making.

Level 8
This goes to Septimus. Yes templates are for editors that cannot make a terrain but ppl do use them for maps. I plan on making this into something that could become a big project. But since there's no screens yet i will have to see it for myself. I was planning on making a campaign with a storyline that i have never seen before on any site that has warcraft maps for download. But i cant make a map to save my life, so i rlly hope ppl make more templates because if i make my own maps the campaign isnt gonna be so good. And if this template isnt so good then just edit it a lil to suit your needs for whatever it is you are making.

Wow, massive bump. Makes me feel like I'm on Facepunch.com (not facebook, so don't think I'm confused)

And there is a picture. Just refresh the page if it's blank.