• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Twilight

Random sword inspired by absolutely nothing.
Particle emitter added

Keywords:
sword, twilight, blade, weapon, dark, rune, omgwtfbbq
Contents

Twilight (Model)

Reviews
17:34, 4th Apr 2010 shamanyouranus: Very creative. A bit large, but I'm sure this will find many uses.

M

17:34, 4th Apr 2010
shamanyouranus: Very creative. A bit large, but I'm sure this will find many uses.

Level 15
is the image stretched, or is the sword twice as big as the villager? whatever the circumstances, it looks far too huge. i like the shadowy appearance though, not many swords take on that likeness. its usually either holy sword, demonic sword, crystal sword or just plain sword, this adds a bit more variety and should be considered of value to the hive's resource section.

Level 3
A true masterpiece, simple but effective. It looks great, doesnt even need particle effects. 5/5 and thumbs up

Level 48
Very original idea with the runes - but you could use some less polies on them by using a texture with a set of runes, such as the demonic runes doodad - the one with the line of runes. Then it would require only one long plane instead of several smaller ones. The sword is also extremely big and should definitely be scaled down. There are lots of geosets you could merge to reduce filesize and make the model generally cleaner. I absolutely love that particle emitter you made there, and the runes idea. Overall a useful model with a great design, especially on the effects side, and only a few minor flaws. Great job.

Level 12
Very original idea with the runes - but you could use some less polies on them by using a texture with a set of runes, such as the demonic runes doodad - the one with the line of runes. Then it would require only one long plane instead of several smaller ones.

Yes, but then they could not be animated separately. I also like the size and think it should stay, personally. :)

Level 19
change the name to Black Rune Blade. when i saw Twilight on the model screen, i wanted to throw up.

K00l model tho

Level 1
Nice sword. Well made indeed.
The blade itself (in my opinion) could use a littel more. Maby some glow.
But a cool sword indeed.