• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Twilight of the Gods Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Unfinished - any help is welcome.

Idiosyncratic decade-old bundle of role playing strategy(3rd person/top-down), Warcraft 4, love, save the world/yourself story starting from the ending of Reign of Chaos. What WoW and Warcraft 3 were supposed to be(see my avatar) after 1999 before they decided to play it safe and publish two separate games with the same engine.

2 new resources, trade, building and unit real time upkeed costs, fortification buildings, spell invocation (additional typing based spellcasting), campaign meant for co-op where each player has a hero, players assign each other roles such as city development/defense, which parts of the army/armies to control etc.

I cannot state anything concerning when it will be finished. As far as I`m concerned this can be finished by anyone else or a much better thing done with the concept. Work engagements prevent me from consistent modding((sigh)this includes a similar SC2 mod and a totally different Rome Total War mod).

For all who are gracious enough to offer help - in words similar to those of Medivh - "Are you ready to take up this cup?!" :) Will you be yet another(MOBAs, TDs etc.) Warcraft 3 map creator to start a new genre - RPS (not tactical RPG mind you!). If you feel like finishing or copying or totally changing this or just like/abhor the idea I would love to hear your thoughts and see the stuff you make or answer any questions you have.

Endless thanks goes to all these nameless people here whose resources have been used in this campaign and who spend countless unpaid hours unleashing their creativity just to make other people`s lives richer.

Attachments

• TwilightOfTheGods.rar
    27.9 MB · Views: 119
  • StartCamp.PNG
    StartCamp.PNG
    1.3 MB · Views: 301
Status
Not open for further replies.