• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

tutorial request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
can someone PLEASE make a noobs modeling/skinning tutorial that follows these guildlines:

1-all softwere used must be downloadable for free and have a link
2-every noob that never modeled a thing sould understand it (i modeled a simple thing a while ago...if i dont understand it its no good...)
3-not complex, simple modeling like combining model parts and adding wepeons and stuff...not creating anything new...
4-how to add animations (say take animations from the swordman?)
5-choosing skin paths...
6-getting the skins on the model and warping...
7-adding/removing team color/hero glow...
8-i dont know what else need to be done...

tnx ahead...
i am sick of asking models and skins so i want to learn how to do it myself but i dont understand a word fromm the tutorials we have now...
yea i know it will be long...do it in parts or something...or make a ingle LONG post...dont really care as long it can be used to go from noob to starter...from there most people can go alone...

Level 22
1) go download azurues, with that program u can dl alot programs free (i dled photoshop 9)

2) cant help u

3) cant help u

4) cant help u

5) all standard wc3 model paths can be found in object editor, just go to art - model and u c the path at 'custom' for custom models, open them with wc3 viewer or convert them to mdl and find the path (ctrl+f) (u open mdl files with wordpad or notepad)

6) u import it and fill in the path u just found by using point 5) xD but what is warping??

7) u can dl the effect on this site and just add them to units by using a 'sphere' based ability (blood mage uses it) and change attachment points and target (to the iomported glow model) (i dunno how to add to the standard model)

8 ) i do, u need help from a modeler for points 3 to 5 :p

Level 9
Ramza said:
1) go download azurues, with that program u can dl alot programs free (i dled photoshop 9)

2) cant help u

3) cant help u

4) cant help u

5) all standard wc3 model paths can be found in object editor, just go to art - model and u c the path at 'custom' for custom models, open them with wc3 viewer or convert them to mdl and find the path (ctrl+f) (u open mdl files with wordpad or notepad)

6) u import it and fill in the path u just found by using point 5) xD but what is warping??

7) u can dl the effect on this site and just add them to units by using a 'sphere' based ability (blood mage uses it) and change attachment points and target (to the iomported glow model) (i dunno how to add to the standard model)

8 ) i do, u need help from a modeler for points 3 to 5 :p

do you know you are a useless fool?
stom acting like you know alot...you made 1 model that is worse then what i can think of with comining parts...
you dont know even whats warping... (i dont understand it too much but its something with the way the skin is sitting on the model...)

also most stuff you say where idiotic...since when illiagle downloads are allowed here? and you dont even understand some questions!(see 5-what the hell? i am talkign on making the model go to find a spsific skin path and not the premade one! for using custom skins without replacing the old...man...)
also i never knew we can DL team color...

i am asking a modling tutorial and you tell me "u need help from a modeler"? thats the dummest answer i can think of!

sorry if i did flaming he is simply such an annoying idiot i cant belive him! i got a bit far maybe...

Level 7
Create a model of a noob trying to playing warcraft 3, like all here but 1 ;>

Ramza he says ur a fool. Then create 1 foolish, noobish model of a noob for him - a noob soloer pls. ROFL

Level 4
do you know you are a useless fool?
stom acting like you know alot...you made 1 model that is worse then what i can think of with comining parts...
you dont know even whats warping... (i dont understand it too much but its something with the way the skin is sitting on the model...)

also most stuff you say where idiotic...since when illiagle downloads are allowed here? and you dont even understand some questions!(see 5-what the hell? i am talkign on making the model go to find a spsific skin path and not the premade one! for using custom skins without replacing the old...man...)
also i never knew we can DL team color...

i am asking a modling tutorial and you tell me "u need help from a modeler"? thats the dummest answer i can think of!

sorry if i did flaming he is simply such an annoying idiot i cant belive him! i got a bit far maybe...

Houston, we got a problem.
Dude Ramza is one of the greatest helpers arround here. He always try to answer and help, and he didn't asked for a Flame. I think u don't even earned some help but okay.

Now, lets see.

First of all if u search free stuff:
A skinning tool can be found on this website, under the category 'tools'. Download the gimp. It is pretty usefull to skin.
Download gmax. (Yes it is free so don't ask questions).

And tutorials can be found at :
http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/

Just click the one u need!

I hope u can do something with that, mr.F(l)ame.

Level 9
TNX!

see people: THATS help...
all i wanted by simple linking!

by the way- why did you call me Mr.f(l)ame?
wheres the fame part that makes it funny?

now i can get started! maybe building a few practice models jesty to annoy that ramza for his rather dumm (no offense) reply...(really! you dont say "you need a modeler" to someone that asks how to model!)

PS-damm i got on to that site and i think its too much information!
this will take longer then what i wanted...i was sure a 3 weeks work sould do a simple model but that amount of information...3 weeks will only be to find what i want! (i hope i am worng here...)

Level 45
that model razma made is pretty dam good.
and what do u expect boomy? A full instant answer? He was helping you, you know?

Why not just go and look in the tutorials section on the basics first, im pretty sure that section has all the basics for wc3 model modding.

and no, dont use gmax, it cant be instantly learnt nor is the converter complete.

I highly suggest you edit models first b4 you start making them by scratch, modeling from scratch at least takes years of pratice for animation rigging and mesh creating, so dont rush into scratch model making your your wasting your time. Know the basics first by readign tuts at wc3c and here.

Tools Needed for wc3 model editing.

1.Wc3viewer(veiwing paths and such and extracting models+skins and for converting skins.

2.Yobguls Conveter(for converting to mdl/mdx)

3.Notepad for editing mdl data and models paths.

4.Wc3 modeleditor for editing and adding thigns on models like event tags and sfx.

5.Oinkerwinkles tools, mainly vertex modifier for editing wc3 models.

Level 9
people!
i alldry got my help...no need to further add answers...
AztraL- game me perfect noob's guilds...

and infact ramza DIDNT help...(look at his reply! is fair to say its useless...)

and how hard can gmax be to lean?
i got some 3Dmax and blender experiance...
and if it is THAT hard what outer program is out there? (that is free and legel...i dont like illegel downloads...)

and editing befor scratching is pretty obvios...(no one is THAT dumm...i hope...) infact i didnt even plan scratching things...but every simple edit is ignored/taking ages to get done...its not that hard puting a head on some outer model as far i can understand...

Status
Not open for further replies.