• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Turn GF's Archer Maiden into a Dragonhawk Archer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Hello all! I have a request that according to people with the right know-how should be easy enough but I personally have no time to do it properly as I'd have to relearn a bunch of stuff about model editing etc.

Anyway, in short, I need General Frank's lovely Archer Maiden model on top of a Dragonhawk just like Ujimasa's Dragonhawk Archers, I'm totally fine with it being based upon the latter's animations, bones, nodes etc. as long as it performs well in-game.

It's not as important but I would also love if somebody could modify/remake the Archer Maiden portrait by using some different animations with lips moving and a closer camera, I'm fine with it being based on any portrait animations as long as it has the two elements I'm saying above as I personally think the best Wc3 Portraits are generally the ones that are entirely focused on the models' faces.

Attaching a screenshot with GF's permission in case anybody starts wondering about that:
1646315518202.png

Level 13
does it look okey?
Thank you! At first glance it does look pretty nice ngl. I see you kept her legs which I think is great but at the same time it might also raise some issues with them clipping through the Dhawk's body. I think I can handle fixing that myself if that happens and it's noticeable ingame.

Pass me the model and I'll make all due checks ingame and let you know if there's any outstanding issues. :wink:

Level 13
Sure thing, I'm in no rush :)

(lmao @ this model having as many downloads in a few hours as my mod got in weeks)

EDIT: Just checked it a bit, the legs look fine, the little clipping there is should not be noticeable ingame

EDITEDIT: You used Ujimasa's model as a base, right? Asking so I can get the credits right once I start using the model. (you'll be credited too ofc)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.