• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Tundra Stalkers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Far in the north, in the still unexplored wasteland of the known world, there is a place of adventure... Of ice and blood, and treasures beyond imagination. The road will not be easy, and will be unlike any other you have faced so far. You are only as strong as your weakest ally... Choose your path, gather your friends, and embark on an adventure you will never forget.

After playing countless player-made maps, scenarios, and campaigns, and spending some time in the community, I realized there were a lot of truly great mods and the like. I wanted to create something that was focused around a team, but not so much that it limited freedom. A healer should not be stuck healing ALL the time. And deciding to heal shouldn't mean you are powerless throughout the whole game. I decided to step outside the box of what is considered "normal" or "traditional" for not just video games, but for the entire genre. (Two words: Ranged Tank)

I want players to feel like, even though they have played this game before as one hero, they are playing a completely different game on another. I wanted boss fights that were intense, even a bit scary at times.

As I release the roughest layer of the game, the foundation on which it will be built, I would like to express that I enjoy all forms of criticism, so long as it is mature and fair. I know I'm no master of the world edit software.

If you have a group of friends that you play with regularly, take the time to download and play this game. I recommend four, but the game is set up in this state so that one player can run as many heroes as possible, making it fun and even feasible for one person to run multiple heroes. My average time for one player (4-hero Party) is 30-45 minutes. Give it a test run, try out some of the boss fights, report bugs and faulty tooltips and the like, get a spot in the credits!

Attachments

• Tundra Stalkers WIP.w3x
    365.3 KB · Views: 59
Level 2
TS Full Option .02 Beta

Map version .02 is complete and ready for play.

In this current form the game is fully playable. There are a few minor bugs, but feedback from this website and others has helped me quite a bit, along with the AMAZING tutorial section on HiveWorkshop.

New heroes have been added, and now all healing spells work on all heroes, not just the "living" ones.

Many cosmetic improvements have been added. The game no longer looks quite so bare-bones, with the addition of over 2000 doodads and environment objects, with many more to come.

New "hidden" loot has been added. These items drop if a boss fight is killed in a certain way (No player deaths, time limits, DPS peaks, etc).

And to all those who had a hard time navigating, Fog of War is not mandatory. If you run into an area and are getting beaten easily, turn back and try to find another route, and come back when you are stronger.

Questions? Comments? Helpful ideas or harsh criticism? Contact [email protected].

Also, on an unrelated note, keep watching for the .01 Beta of "THE JUNGLE CRIES", coming early December!

Attachments

• Tundra Stalkers WIP.w3x
    749.6 KB · Views: 56
Status
Not open for further replies.