• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

TSoL CoTS 1.2

TSoL_Cots 1.2

Version can be found here:

Changelog:

General:
Decreased gold cost of fortify
Fortify gratz 3 armor instead of 1
Control points now regenerate mana.
Tier 1 units have been buffed
Buffed several second base chances.

Green:
Zombie
Nerfed health to 310
Changed armor from plate to mail

Skeletal Swordsman
Changed armor from plate to mail

Necromancer:
CD of raise dead has been raised

Plaguecultist:
Fixed acid bomb dependencies

Pink:

Buffed water elementals

Yellow:
Swordsman have increased health & 1 additional starting armor
Sylvanas no longer has wind walk but mass rej.
Healing wave now heals more damage.

Grey:
Cost of dragon hawk obelisk increased from 100 to 150

Silverhand:
Made several changes, paladins & knights are moved up a tier upgrade & added new tier 1 unit the holy avenger.

Green:
Changed bone gollems armor from leather to mail.

Blue:
The king now has silence instead of mass rej.

Teal:

Captains have been buffed in health.

Warsong & Horde
Frostwolf keep is removed.
Now the keep is a second base chance for warsong has fel orcs.

TSoL_Cots 1 (beta)
Changelog can be found in this forum: http://clan-hoa.com/forums/tft/new/HoA/forumdisplay.php?214-The-Scourge-of-Lordaeron

TSoL_EoTh version 4

Fixed Warsong Bug (second base)
Fixed LB bug (second base)
Buffed Trolls
Nerfed DG starting units
Increases Smite/Warriors strength AoE
Nerfed Horde/warsong
Removed multishot from Shadow hunter
Fixed abolish magic tooltip for horde.
Added research time tooltip to spawns
Added level indication to fortify tooltip
Make alliance unable to trigger the book guardians.
And prevent Jaina from teleporting into portals.

TSoL_EoTh version 3 => this is the last version of exodus of the horde, now a big update will come and bring many changes to elves & trolls. New areas etc.

Goal of this update: Balance/Fixes
Features: I will be fixing the least bugs left and adding some last balance issues. Nothing special about this update but it will improve gameplay.

Control Points:
I have removed the farms & towns, adding control points they grant gold/wood bonus & give a healing aura.

General Fixes:
  • Fixing of foodsystem [Done]
  • Fixing repair on Mainbases [Done]
  • Fixing Andorhal spawn bug [Done]
  • Fixing stromgarde bug when warsong goes evil [Done]
  • Fixing 2 kelthuzad bug [Done]
  • Fixing drektars spellbook [Done]
  • Buffing of certain AoE spells. [Done]
  • Summon spells have increased summons now [Done]
  • Fixed spirit wolf armor bug [Done]
  • Fixed the plague [Done]
  • Removed Farm Lands & Towns [Done]
  • Renamed brill to agmand mills [Done]
  • Renamed chillwind point to sorrow hills [Done]
  • Buffed Grey & Yellow[Done]
  • Removed abilities like searing arrows which fail to work and added other abilities[Done]
  • Multishot will upgrade depending on fortification level [done]
  • Adding healing auras [Done]
  • Fixing pathing bugs at dalaran, stromgarde, zul aman etc [Done]
  • Removal of rend for footmen, addition of crit strike [Done]
  • Fixed hotkeys for arthas [Done]

Teal
  • Adding of Hillsbrad spawn [Done]
  • Fixing of Galen Trollbane model [Done]

Blue
  • Adding of brill spawn [Done]
  • Adding more starting units [Done]

Orange
  • Adding beter defences at Alterac [Done]
  • Upgrading baricades at inner stratholme to prevent rushes. [Done]
  • Adding a teleport scroll to saiden [Done]

Light blue
  • Buffing of scarlet monastery second base chance [Done]
  • Buffing of mograines attack [Done]
  • Buffing Paladins [Done]
  • Added Chillwind Point [Done]

Purple
  • Fixing a warsong bug, when player left and goes evil [Done]
  • Makes it harder to join undead for warsong [Done]

Brown
  • Tower placement redone. [Done]
  • Removed Sleep from dreadlords [Done]
  • Fixed abolish magic for iniate dreadlord [Done]
  • Fixed hotkey for carrion swarm [Done]
  • Fixed hotkey for dark summoning [Done]

Pink
  • Added Rhonin [Done]

TSoL_EoTh version 2

Fixed upgrades for ogres/fel orcs.
Fixed stromgarde ogre spawn when warsong goes evil.
Fixed issue killing own units granting unit kills
Fixed multiboard issue of units owned.
Removed the guard system
Archus has cd now.
Drek'tars spellbook has cd now.
Removed spell shield from sorceress (dalaran) and added mud gollem.
Fixed sweeping strikes upgrade for naga royal.
Increased lumber income.
Buffed alliance early game
Switched shaman and spear thrower spawn for warsong and red.
Fixed tol barad second chance.
Fixed elite tower building plots.
Nerfed multishot for shadow hunter
Redone echo isle
-Added cam system
-Nerfed plaguecult
-Fixed kaels and vash's level

TSoL_EoTh (Exodus of the Horde)

Whats this?

You can guess this version is all about the good old horde.
It will feature gameplay improvements but on the other hand it will feature a lot of new techs and units.

Features
-Base management: Tier 2 towers, all towers will have upgrades available this also includes upgrades for base defenses. As you have noticed when a building hits 2000 hp guards come out. You will be able to upgrade the amount of guards spawns. You will also be able to upgrade repair ability repairing buildings this also allows the restocking of guards.
Bases will also be able to upgrade auras, mana regen & life regen aura.

This is due the fact you have a lot of unused income late game.

-Unit experience system: units will get small boosts to their stats whenever they make a kill, this will stack 5 times. So people who keep their troops alive will be rewarded for this.

-Horde events:

Echo Isle:
This event can occur on 2 different ways.

Orcs can either kill soutshore, then a boat will appear leading to the echo ilse from soutshore. They will get improved Ranged units aka the darkspear beserker instead of their weak spearthrower.
They will also get a small shadow hunter spawn whom provide excellent support spells.
This also means vol'jin to be among the units. He wont be a caster but he will be a hardcore ranged unit.

Now if the orcs haven't gotten echo isle and they die, that will be their second chance. They will automatically ally the amani trolls, if they die for balance reasons.
Then a zepelin will appear and depending on what bases the trolls have left the path will lead to jin'talor or zul aman.

Tol Barad

Now if the warsong clan loses it spawns they will unally thrall and will ally the burning legion. They will turn into fel orcs with the shadow council on Tol barad and gain Jubeitos. Yes this isn't lorewise but its the only option available. If grom is allive you will lose him to the burning legion. Drek'tar will join the horde.

Stromgarde

Will play a major role in the version. Orcs can capture it to get insane strong orgres (limited spawn) or alliance can capture it gaining galen trollbane a strong hero with elite guards (that wont spawn you will have 6 but they are very good)

This depends on who captures it first.

Lesser notifications
Alterac will be scarlet when start dies.
Quel-thalas will be slightly changed.
Scourge will get a small nerf

Follow this map on http://clan-hoa.com/forums/tft/new/HoA/forum.php

TSoL_RoC_1

After a long time of inactivity I am picking up this project once more doing an overhaul.

Gameplay and units are redone completely, balancing the overpoweredness that was pointed out by the moderators.

-12 factions:
  • North Lordaeron
  • South Lordaeron
  • Silver Hand (hero faction)
  • Dalaran
  • The Horde
  • The Warsong Clan
  • The High Elves
  • Stratholme
  • Zul'Aman
  • Lichkings Forces
  • Cult of the Dammned
  • The Burning Legion (Semi Hero Faction)

Spawn System: How Does it work?

You basicly upgrade your spawns in your Main Base (like in Lordaeron Tactics)
You can upgrade spawns 3 times.

First Spawn upgrades Tier 1 - 2 number of spawns + adds tier 3 units.
First Spawn upgrades Tier 3 number of spawns + adds tier 4 units.
First Spawn upgrades Tier 4 number of spawns + adds tier 5 units.

You wont spawn unless your food is below 100 (foodcap)

Units-1.png

There are more units/heroes available through events.

Income System: How does it work?

Gold is used for upgrading spawns and the armor of your units.
It is also used for building towers on tower plots.

How to get gold? Simple capture tactical points, like gold mines farmlands & towns.

Lumber is gained over time.

My plan is to stay basic for now, and dont get the map too complicated yet, if there is enough demand I will increase the availability of construction.

Heroes

Heroes have high hit points to prevent one shot hero targeting.
But the downside their spells aren't "too" strong.

They can go till level 15 max, heroes will have items that suit their character.
E.G. Uther having the lightbringer as his hammer.

If they die, they stay dead unless with an Event
E.G. Arthas Dies, resurrected as a deathknight

What I am planning for the future

Masteries
Offensive
This will increase the damage of units (adding an other "dice" upgrade to the units)
This will also increase the damage and proc chance of offensive abilities.
E.G. Bash will have 3% more chance to occur & will deal 4 extra damage.

Defensive
This will increase the armor of all your units.
This wil also increase the effects of defensive abilities.
E.G. Parry of a footmen will have 3% more chance to occur & will block 3 additional damage

Utility
This will increase the mana regeneration of all your mana users.
This will also reduce cooldowns & duration of abilities.
E.G. Inner Fire cooldown will be 5 seconds instead of 7 & will last 10 seconds longer.

Unit Experience System
After each kill a unit upgrades its' stats whether depending on which type.
This effect stacks up 5 times.

Ranged Upgrades: Attack Speed, Attack Damage
Melee Upgrades: Health, Armor
Casters Upgrades: Mana, Mana Regen

Give feedback if you can, thanks for reading & I will update this thread on progress

Keywords:
Wow, lordaeron, lord, tactic, rts, spawn, base, warcraft, arthas, pietje, pman, horde, alliance, risk, elves, human, plague, world of warcraft
Contents

TSoL CoTS 1.2 (Map)

Reviews
15:50, 31st Oct 2009, by Rui(#37): "The Scourge of Lordaeron" (TSoL) is original, but imbalanced. I believe it can become even more interesting if it isn't taken the way of maps such as "Azeroth Wars: Legacy Reborn". Average rating of 3,15 with...
Level 6
Yeah i had to redo everything from scratch since i lost the map so it doesn't have much events yet.

The balance has been tested by clan hoar and myself and its very balanced, alliance is very team dependent so you have to work together to beat the scourge.

Most of the games alliance has the upperhand, while scourge is the underdog.

Level 1
i played it a couple of times with other people now i noticed a couple of things:
1.the orcs didnt get echo isles after taking south shore
2.dwarf hero doesnt have special items along with all the other heroes a player can get after any event (i dont know if this is on purpose but im just saying
3.the dreadlord heroes should have demonic damage type becuase the dreadlord nemesis does a lot more damage
4.the undead base near quelthalas is so easy to beat if the high elves didnt get completely destroyed after the undead player's first attack (i think its because of the base bad position since it hard just to send units there)

other than that great update just a couple of set backs

Level 6
i played it a couple of times with other people now i noticed a couple of things:
1.the orcs didnt get echo isles after taking south shore
2.dwarf hero doesnt have special items along with all the other heroes a player can get after any event (i dont know if this is on purpose but im just saying
3.the dreadlord heroes should have demonic damage type becuase the dreadlord nemesis does a lot more damage
4.the undead base near quelthalas is so easy to beat if the high elves didnt get completely destroyed after the undead player's first attack (i think its because of the base bad position since it hard just to send units there)

other than that great update just a couple of set backs

1. Yeah I decided to change that, is intented.
2. Thats intended aswell.
3. Yeah I guess i can buff hero damage.
4. Yeah I have no idea how to make it better defendable, or accessible.

Feel free to suggest.

Level 5
yay hero buff!! i no its a risk style map wich i very much enjoy, i just find it boring wen all i do is cntrl group and atk wit units, its fun to use heros.

Level 9
you naty go back to your own forum!

but i found a bug with one of the horde heroes spell brb i'll check which one.

why are you taking such a risk like way it is so Weird and not used to. what happend to the orginality of this its like battlefield coping COD to get more sells.

Level 5
Remove multishot from shadowhunters, and u may wna repath echo isles, that place is a death trap. Most bases keep spawning after death.

Level 6
The flying dalaran is planned for futur version.

Is the multishot too op? I reckoned with warsong joing bl horde needs all the help they can get.

And yeah there is an issue with the spawn i noticed. Its mostly just one extra spawn. Ill get into it.

Level 5
Yes multishot too op. Red can easily turtle against the entire alliance in echo isles because of the shadow hunters. They're just too much to handle, it's not exactly just the multishot but also the layout of echo isles. Perhaps if u re-terrain echo isles it may solve problem, and if it still persists the removal of multishot wud be a must.

Level 6
The only thing I really don't like in this map is the teleporter, there is no clue if a teleporter is active or not, they should only be visible when they could be used.

Level 1
Terrain:
Before i'll post some screenshots, some theory to explain where its coming from.

At the moment the map consists of bottleneck after choke after bottleneck.
Now this might be concidered as a tactical choice, but in my opinion it destroys the
posibility of micro and tactics. If you add some more open ground places full food army
fights will become alot more intresting because there is the option to micro. Also fights
which concists of more then 2 players (1v1) will have more room to fight. Its will also a be improvements for players who havent got the micro or are to lazy to micro because they will be blocking themselves and allies alot less, and thus annoy there beter allies less.

Even for the smaller armies larger battlefields have benifits. Example: Gray's army is rather small but very powerfull, with room to manouver you can find the stronger units (or the weaker, which ever you prefer) first and use micro to take an advantage over a swarming enemy.

Its important to note that i dont mean for all bottlenecks to be removed, because if bottlenecks can ofcourse also be very effectively in defence where is needed. I personaly think a bottleneck in the base, one or two somewhere close by and one or two in forward positions are needed. For defence and defencive offence.

I also strongely recommend increasing collision size on all units, to make blocking, surrounding and tactical movement more effective. An argument against would be that it creates 'Hero Aiming', in my opinion Heros are decent tanks and this should give you free kills because your units can kill his units. Further more you can also shield your heros easier if you got a large collision size.

I also suggest to add some more 'neutral ground' between player their bases. If bases are right besides eachother that mean the person who defends will always have the advantage, by either towers or the regeneration. Ofcourse with this neutral ground players can still choose to just sit and turtle in their base. But if they have two bases who are connected by the neutral ground, they will be giving away one of their bases to be raided. In this set up you will encourage players to keep the neutral ground to keep their bases safe.

Heros and units:
General:
I really like the unit rank idea, but it might be a bit to strong. I've already told you ingame but i'll just repeat myself here; In battles archers mostely survive the battle and make the kills, meaning that they get all the rank bonuses. With the current system that means they get loads of HP and more damage and virtualy become unkillable with anything less than a 30 food battle advantage.

Red:
Blue:
Teal:
Purple:
yellow:
orange:
Green:
pink:
Gray:
Light blue:
Dark green:
Brown:

i'll edit in more later.

Level 15
I like that map ,it is very good. The skins and models are awesome. Where did you get the skin of Jaina and the model for the Silverhand Paladin. but where do i train units and how do i get team?
I suggest to increase the HPs of the units because i thinks it is a bit low (especially the Orc's, and raiders die too quickly. ).
I rate that map 5/5 and +rep.

Level 6
Level 3
i like this map iam actually playing it atm :p but i have 1 question....how do i get the other upgrades for the trolls? is there any special quest? cus i wana get blessing of the gods and favor of the gods but idk how.....

Level 6
i like this map iam actually playing it atm :p but i have 1 question....how do i get the other upgrades for the trolls? is there any special quest? cus i wana get blessing of the gods and favor of the gods but idk how.....

You unlock them with masteries, but masteries are disabled at this point due it making the game imbalanced. We will add them as soon they are balanced.

Thanks for your feedback

Level 4
i dont know why but i have played this map a lot and i have won even if there was imbalance... this map is based on specific war so there has to be imbalance :D

still i like this map very much :) i give it 4/5